⏤ 02. reunion

"You had one job— ONE JOB, MUNDUNGUS!" Sirius's deranged voice echoed through Grimmauld place.

Ria sighed. "You know.. You don't have to stand in front of the door like that." She said to Ron. "I just wanna go outside and have a talk with the thief, that's all."

He shook his head. "Nope. Can't let you do that."

"Why?!" She snapped.

"Because there's already one trial happening," Hermione explained, her tone of worry, "and we don't need another one in case of a potential murder."

Ria stared at the girl in confusion. "What do you mean? I am calm.." She said, annoyed for being stuck in her room when Mundungus Fletcher was right downstairs.

The Order members were supposed to keep a watch on Harry, to make sure he was safe. And today was Fletcher's turn, but he had ditched his duty, and the result was right there; the news they had heard some time ago.

"Ria, you summoned a mini-storm after getting that letter from Harry." replied Ginny, polishing her broomstick. She was supposedly going to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. "Pretty sure Dung would be dead the moment you set your eyes on him."

Asteria rolled her eyes and crossed her arms with a huff. "But I've just taken the potion. He'll be fine.."

"But what if Harry does get expelled?" Hermione muttered to herself, furrowing her eyebrows in worry, concerning Ria even further. "What if he loses the hearing? Wait— wouldn't his wand be taken away too—"

"By the way.." Ginny interrupted loudly. "I'm trying out for Chaser. Can you help me, Ria?" She asked hopefully.

"This is not the time for a Quidditch discussion, Ginevra." Hermione whispered harshly.

The redhead gave her a look. "Well, it's better than tensing her out. Atleast I'm trying to distract her!" She whispered back defensively.

"Oi! You know how to play?" asked Ron, getting a sarcastic smile from Ginny.

"Just because you've never seen me, doesn't mean I don't play, brother."

"W— Well, then I'd like to watch too." Ron replied sheepishly, reconsidering his decision of never trying out for Quidditch, "and play.. maybe."

"Yeah, sure.." Ria shrugged, forcing a smile, but then went back to biting her nails out of nervousness. She was positive her nails would be half-way trimmed by the end of the summer. "You'd make a great Keeper or a Chaser, you know, Ron?" She added.

"Just because he caught a toothpick this morning doesn't mean—"

"Hermione.." Ria stopped her. "He caught a tiny toothpick, from almost twelve feet away. Pretty sure he'd be able to catch a Quaffle, which is much bigger in size and very much predictable compared to it."