⏤ 27. the start of a disaster

"Weasley is our King,
Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why Gryffindor's all sing—"

"Never thought I'd hear you singing that song.." A voice taunted, and Ria shook her head with a small smile.

"I mean.. the melody was catchy already. Now the lyrics seem nice too." She answered, making him scoff. "Oh, get over it. Yeah, we lost. It's fine."

Theodore scoffed out a laugh. "Shut up! That's not coming from you. Carrow must be making you say that."

Ria rolled her eyes. To be fair, she was the one most upset after they had lost the match against Hufflepuffs. They had drowned their path to victory. And then Gryffindor had ended up winning the Cup. "Well.. we weren't prepared, were we, Nott?" She continued to sort her notes and star-charts.

"It was Maryam's first match— and she played well. It was my first time playing as a Seeker, but Smith had experience. Amelia left.. so you had to play as a Chaser instead of a Beater. And.. we only had Montague in the Beater's position. He wasn't feeling too well either." She muttered nonchalantly, trying to hide her disappointment. "So, yeah.. It couldn't have been helped."

"By the way.. Ms. Diggory wrote to me—"

"Anything else you want to talk about?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah. You have detention with McGonagall in five minutes."

Ria blinked, finally looking up at him. "What?"

Theodore raised an eyebrow. "I know you heard me right. Come on, now—"

She rolled her eyes. "Theo, the O.W.L.s are like— two weeks away, and I haven't even started preparing yet. A detention's the last thing I should do right now—"

"I am to bring you without any excuses, Ria, so come on—" He took her hand and began pulling her up.

"No— I'm pretty.. pretty.." Her voice disappeared in her throat, and she stared at her star-charts, dumbfounded. Something was.. something was happening.

"Ria..?"

"Shh." She snapped, focusing hard. What was it? Something felt weird.. Was it a vision?

Just when she thought she was going to see something, the feeling disappeared. She closed her eyes in frustration, cursing under her breath.

"Ria.. everything okay?" asked Theo, looking at her with slight worry.

"Hmm, yeah." She sighed. "Anyway.. I'm pretty sure you can just tell her that I don't wanna do detention, right now. It's Minnie, surely she'll understand."

Theo pursed his lips in annoyance. "Listen. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind coming here herself and dragging you up to her office for detention—"

"But why do I have detention?" She asked. "What did I even do?"