⏤ 01. an unexpected guest

The winter wind blew harshly against the enormous grounds and the castle of Hogwarts. One could tell snow was on its way soon.

But regardless of the cold weather, Professor Minerva McGonagall was hot with anger and annoyance, wondering what was so important that she had to leave her Transfiguration class with sixth years in the middle.

"Don't you think it is time, we find them and bring them back here? Where they belong?"

That was what Dumbledore had said. And the words had made her blink blankly as she stared at her old friend.

"What?"

"Don't you remember the Seer's words?" He asked. "Asteria is supposed to fulfill her destiny. And we know she cannot do that unless she comes back here."

She squinted her eyes. "Is it that your age is finally getting to your head, Albus?"

He only laughed. "Oh, you are funny, Minerva.." He shook his head. "But no.. I am only saying what needs to be done. We need to bring them back.. Asteria and Isabella."

"And you still trust that the Seer's intentions were right when she said those words?" She retorted. "Albus, maybe, she wasn't always like that, but don't forget what she turned into."

"I am not." He gave her a small smile. "But we cannot forget what Madam Lagarde was before she turned into the dreadful Seer everyone fears."

"I know, but—"

"I trust her words, Minerva."

She stared at him, not knowing what to say. "And what if you do? It wouldn't matter anyway! We don't know where Isabella and Asteria could be—"

"Don't we?" quipped Dumbledore. 

And surprise decorated her face. Surprise was an understatement, judging by her bulging eyes and pursed lips.

It took her some time to register the words that hung heavily in the air, while Dumbledore stood there with a small smile. His blue eyes behind his half-moon spectacles slightly glistened with an apologetic look. He knew well this was no playful matter.

"If you are joking—"

"I assure you I am not."

"How do you know where they are? And why do you know where they are?" She asked. "Albus, they went missing four years ago! Are you sure someone's not trying to fool us?"

And when Dumbledore told her the answer, she fought hard against the urge to drop her jaw in shock. "Thirty years?" She asked ridiculously, and he nodded. "That thought doesn't seem barbaric to you?"

"No." He defended. "I am quite sure that is where Isabella is.. in a world thirty years from now."

Minerva sighed regretfully. She knew she couldn't argue with him. Albus Dumbledore was annoyingly right most of the time. "Even if she is.. we know she won't come back. Not after everything that happened."