⏤ 21. sectumsempra

"..and the weather's pleasant today too. It is quite breezy. Nargles don't like it when it's breezy—"

"Miss Lovegood— the score—"

Blaise's throw had landed the Quaffle straight through the middle hoop. "Ooh. That was quite splendid. As if there were something magnetic between them."

McGonagall shook her head, changing the score herself. 230 for Slytherin. 200 for Hufflepuff.

"Magnetic, huh?" A huff fell on Ria's ear. "Wouldn't be surprised if you and your minions have messed with some of the stuff—"

"For fuck's sake, Smith—" Ria scoffed with irritation. "If a Quaffle was made of metal, wouldn't I chuck it directly at your head instead of throwing it at my own teammates?"

"Hmm.." Luna hummed with content. "It seems like Zacharius Smith has picked another fight. I wonder what Asteria will do. He's already had Ginny Weasley crash into him, last match."

Laughter erupted through the stadium. "Focus, will you?" Ria bit again. "There's no fun playing with easy opponents!"

Smith looked like he had an insult on his tongue, but it was too late. Their Seeker had already fallen behind. Maryam had already captured the snitch into her fist, and Ria had already zoomed towards the middle of the pitch to celebrate with her team as McGonagall's words fell on their ears—

"380 to 200— Slytherin wins and proceeds to the finals!"

Her team had already surrounded her, with Blaise and Theodore clinging to her like leaves on a branch until she felt almost suffocated by their adoration.

"Bloody hell, Ria— what had gotten into you? You were like a beast!" Amelia laughed, her hair pulled back in a braid for once instead of being free. "Made me almost want to stop playing and watch you aggravate the fuck out of Smith!"

Ria laughed, tipping her head back as if with some sort of relief. "Please, he's so easy!" She said loudly, not caring if he could hear her.

"Hey— Captain!" She searched for Raywood through the chaos of Slytherins on the pitch. "Celebratory party in the common room?"

"In 40 minutes!"

"You heard her!" He announced to the group, who cheered. And it made Asteria laugh again.

Guess, there was another advantage of having a tall, broad, cool seventh-year senior (with a particular talent in hexes, jinxes and curses) in your team and under your command.

People, usually those who were a pain in the arse before, follow said cool senior around like little henchmen, and end up ultimately acting like they've done nothing wrong before.

Well.. it wasn't just Raywood, obviously. Most of them had been like that since the start of the year.. since they had found out about Ria's Azrael origin.