⏤ 18. nightmares and chaos

"Ria.. You don't have to come. I'm sure the Professor will understand." said Blaise as the Slytherin trio struggled down their way towards Hagrid's through the snow.

"And what?" Ria huffed in question. "Let the rest of the Slytherins make fun of him? You know, Umbridge is inspecting him today, right? She'll do anything to ruin him."

"Yeah, I know." He rolled his eyes. "But, you aren't obligated to keep them in line. It's not your duty."

Theodore looked at Blaise, raising an eyebrow. "You are telling her that?" He chuckled. "Did you forget she grew up watching superheroes?"

Ria hissed in irritation. "That's not the point." She said. "If I can keep them in line, why shouldn't I?"

Blaise looked at her, lips pursed, and then at Theo. "Yeah, you're right, she grew up watching superheroes."

And Ria rolled her eyes again. "That's got nothing to do with superheroes." She defended herself. "They just.. They just piss me off."

Theodore nodded in agreement. Him and Blaise weren't close with Hagrid or anything, but they just felt bad seeing Ria like that. "Anyway.. What is Professor Hagrid teaching us today?" He asked as they reached closer to where the class was.

Ria shrugged. "No idea." She sighed. "I just hope he has it all under control."

They reached the edge of the forest and immediately joined the Gryffindor trio. Harry's gloomy, tensed face lit up as his eyes fell on her. "Ria.. what're you doing here?" He asked.

"Attending my classes?" answered Ria.

You think a Bludger in the head is bad? You wouldn't want to know the way every inch of me screamed during that outburst at the hospital wing after Cedric had died. It felt like I was being stabbed with nails and being burned at the same time.

"Hey.." Harry said softly, bringing her back from her thoughts. "You shouldn't have come if you didn't feel well." He said, his arm going around her waist, but someone smacked his hand.

"Oww.." He took it back, looking behind him. He saw Theo and Blaise glaring at him. "Really?" He whispered in disbelief.

Ria looked at them too, and they quickly eased their expressions. "Hey, Ri!" they smiled, making her roll her eyes. Once she looked away, they put on their mean faces again.

But this time, Asteria linked her arm with her boyfriend's. Harry gave her best friends a victorious smirk before looking at his front, too.

"I'm fine, Harry." She answered, and her eyes locked on the rogues of Slytherins. "Don't worry about me."

The students, who had come with the intentions of absolutely ruining Hagrid today, had suddenly gone quiet. Honestly, no one had thought she was going to show up right after she had gotten a Bludger to her head..