⏤ 31. happy halloween

The merry day of Halloween arrived, and although Ria had saved herself from being a potential participant of the Triwizard Tournament, there was still a tiny alarm blaring red in her head. All she could do was hope that it was just a headache.

Though at the present moment, the thing that bothered Ria most were the people sitting in front of her; Harry and Celine. She had been sitting in the Great Hall with the Gryffindor trio, Celine and the Weasley twins, eating breakfast. And whenever she heard them laugh, she wondered what was it that Harry found so amusing.

Seriously, though. Every time she made him smile, Ria felt as if the Durmstrang girl had taken her out and crushed it under her foot.

"Oh— Don't forget the first year! Dear wittle Hawwy had a cwush on you!" teased Fred, making Ria sigh out heavily. Of course, he did..

That's why he spent so much time with her! Harry Potter had just forgotten about his best friend! His Sunshine!

The others laughed, while Harry went red trying to defend his eleven-year-old self. Asteria forcefully bit into her sandwich while watching the Durmstrang girl enviously.

Why did she have to change her school again? Why couldn't she keep herself at Ilvermorny for one more damn year?

Celine looked at her, her lips curled up in the sophisticated smile she always held. "What about you, Asteria?" She asked. "Where are your eyes lingering?"

She simply nodded, taking the group of people by surprise. Celine and the twins oohed.

Ria pointed at a plate on the table. "On that pudding.. It looks fantastic right now. George, care to pass some?"

They all laughed at her response, but Harry's was a fake one. Probably because he knew Ria hated puddings.

"Ah, you know what I mean.." she urged. "Come on.. what about that friend of yours? Theodore Nott? He's really handsome."

Ria chuckled, shaking her head. "Theo? No. I mean, he's not bad looking, but no.. never thought about him that way."

And anyway.. someone like my mother would be his type, not me. She chuckled at her own thoughts.

"Hmm, of course." said Hermione. "She already has her eyes set on someone." The group oohed again, and she rolled her eyes.

She gave Hermione a look, one that said 'I'll get back at you'.

"Who is it, Asteria?" Celine cooed, seeming interested.

Ria took a calming breath and smiled at her. "No one, really."

"Ooh.. someone's cranky." Fred taunted, making Ria glare at him. "Maybe you didn't get enough sleep.. as usual."

"Here." said George, pushing her a goblet of pumpkin juice. "It's good for relaxation."