⏤ 25. sneak

For the next few days, Ria subconsciously found herself thinking about Firenze's words over and over again, while having lunch or roaming around, while in between classes, even when she was trying to sleep. She had even written those words in her journal.

Fulfil my destiny.. free the numerous, suffering souls that seek their liberation through me. 

What did he even mean by that?

"Just a reminder that this won't be as easy when you'll be confronted by something like an actual dementor." Harry's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

They had finally started work on Patronuses, which everybody had been very keen to practice. Ria had been trying and trying for the past few minutes. In all honesty, she had been trying it for the past few days, since Harry had told her. But she just couldn't seem to get it right.

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy," said Cho brightly, watching her silvery swan-shaped Patronus soar around the Room of Requirement during their last lesson before Easter. "They're so pretty!"

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you," said Harry patiently. "What we really need is a boggart or something; that's how I learned. I had to conjure a Patronus while the boggart was pretending to be a dementor—"

"But that would be really scary!" said Lavender, who was shooting puffs of silver vapor out of the end of her wand. "And I still— can't— do it!" she added angrily.

Neville was having trouble too. His face was screwed up in concentration, but only feeble wisps of silver smoke issued from his wand tip. "Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." Harry reminded him.

"I'm trying," said Neville miserably, who was trying so hard his round face was actually shining with sweat.

"Harry, I think I'm doing it!" yelled Seamus, who had been brought along to his first ever D.A. meeting by Dean. "Look— ah— it's gone.. But it was definitely something hairy, Harry!"

"Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Seamus." He said again.

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce.. but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents."

Theodore and Blaise were managing to produce fine wisps. "Oh, Helga—" Sophie was grinning at the silvery animal in front of her. "Is that— It's a mink!"

'"Good job, Sophie!" Blaise complimented. "Mine looks like a bird.."

"Mine looked like a cat," Theo answered. "I don't get it. I don't like cats that much."

A horse galloped wildly from Ginny's wand. "Fantastic, Ginny." Harry complimented her. "Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused."

Ria closed her eyes, trying to think of another memory that she hadn't used in the past few days.. The first time I played Quidditch.. I was so happy.. "Expecto Patronum."