⏤ 28. unforgivable

Asteria's burning eyes begged her for sleep, but she told them she didn't need it.. not until she had found a solution.

"How did they even do it? How did they find out when stuff was going to happen?" She had asked Sinistra.

The woman had just shrugged helplessly. "I don't have an answer to that.. But I do remember meeting Madam Lagarde once, and she said that her visions showed her the right answer to everything."

"Then why don't my visions do that instead of leaving me utterly terrified and confused?"

"She also told me that Seers just know."

"Well, not me. That's for sure."

Last night had gone by at the Astronomy Tower as she had asked Professor Sinistra to lend her different versions of star charts to study; not just any star charts, but the ones who the Seers in the school used to map and study.. and they included Calchas, Cassandra Trelawney, Katherine Lagarde and many other renowned personalities.

She didn't know where she was going with this, but something told her to trust the process.

It hadn't been easy, of course. All of them had different styles, different annotations and interpretations. All those differences made her think if she should just throw all the charts away and make her own version of them. But that would take way too much time..

She stretched her arms, craning her neck to relieve some tension before hunching over the charts on her desk again. 

Saturday mornings were supposed to be relaxing.

Opposite to her tired and restless stance, the boy in front of her seemed very lively and patient, watching the girl intently. There was a Potions' essay in his hands when he had told Ria that he wanted to study with her, but it was long forgotten now.

His eyes hid well behind his round-rimmed glasses, carefully skimming over every feature of hers.. blue eyes furrowed over the charts.. hand resting softly over her cheek while a finger twirled a lock of her dark brown hair.. lips slightly puckered out in annoyance. He stared at them for a while longer.

Though they quickly curled up in a smile, and her eyes met his green ones. "If I remember correctly, Prongslet, you came here to study.. not to admire the view." She taunted.

He couldn't help but smile at this. His heart was shying away, but he maintained a confident stance. "Can't help it, Sunshine. You're too distracting."

She raised an eyebrow. "Am I?" She asked. "What about me?"

He really shouldn't do this. "The way you're causing a little earthquake with your leg.."

Ria was suddenly very aware of her shaking leg. She launched a quill towards him, making him laugh. "You know I can't help it!" She said, face slightly red with embarrassment.