Chapter 23 - Christmas break

The last day before Christmas, everyone was hurridly packing their things, Lily had all her things neatly in her trunk and was helping Mary and I pack. Mary and I were running around hurridly, on occasion we would have things like. "Is this top mine or yours?" Because we all shared clothes like four sisters.
Marlene hadn't even started packing.

"Guys calm down. Stress gives you wrinkles." She smirked and finally opened her trunk to pack.

"The train leaves in half an hour!" Mary was trying to cram all her (very fashionable) clothes into her trunk. "Y/n come help me out." I walked over and we both counted down from three, then quickly sat on the lid to close it.

Lily went over to help Marlene pack "we can leave some text books here to make it easier, the less magical things I bring home the less Petunia will call me a freak." She chuckled but I knew it hurt her, that was her very own sister who had turned on her.

"If James got to go to a magic school and hang around with cool people and I didn't, I would be bitter but I wouldn't act the way she does." I wrinkled my nose in disgust, Petunia was a very spiteful girl.
"I shall write to her myself if she acts out. Scare her with my owl." I grinned.

Lily laughed a little "I'm going to try my best to keep things harmonious, mum and dad try too. She's just..."

"A cow?" Mary added helpfully.

"Maybe a little bit." Lily chuckled and finished packing Marlene's trunk. "Right is everyone ready to go?"

"I have to meet James and Remus, I'll see you guys at the station." I told the girls and used a charm to levitate my trunk behind me. I waited in the common room we we usually did now, I used to just go into their dorm but given that Sirius wanted nothing to do with me, going into their dorm was uncomfortable. Of course James said I was welcome, just not when Sirius was in.

The boys all walked down, James wearing reindeer antlers and Sirius had a Santa hat on. "Alright Rudolph?" I grinned.

"It's Chriiiiistmaassss!" James tackled me in a brotherly hug, he always got excited about Christmas like a child.

"Well no shit." I laughed and we walked down to the station, I walked with moony and Peter. Peter lived in the village by my house and Remus was staying over for the holidays but we didn't talk about it because Sirius was forced to stay at Grimauld Place this year and we didn't want to rub it in.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。.

"Evans!" James called, I knew I didn't need to bother looking for the girls because James would sure enough find Lily.

"What is it James?" She seemed less irritated than usual, a small smile played across her lips.

"Merry Christmas, don't miss me too much, I'll see you in January." He grinned and kissed her hand being dramatic as always.

"Oh piss off Potter." She laughed and wiped her hand on her robe although she was blushing a lot. Maybe James had a chance after all.

We all boarded the train, the marauders and I in one carriage, the girls next door. I bought everyone sweets, they covered the small table in our compartment and the seats too. As we feasted happily, chattering excitedly about whatever, I noticed that the closer we got to Kings Cross, Sirius shrank into himself a little more. He was no longer confident ladies man Sirius Black, he was a scared child and I wanted to give him a hug.

Just outside the carriage, Reg walked past and gave me a quick look that none of the boys saw. "I'm going to pay the girls a visit before we arrive" As much as they knew I was with Reg, I had the sense not to talk about him too much. I walked out the carriage and down the corridor "Reg what's up?"

He pulled me into an empty carriage and kissed me "Just wanted a good bye kiss." He grinned and kept his arms around me, our faces still only inches apart.

"Fine by me." I smirked and kissed him again, he put his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer to him. We noticed the train slowing down and we knew our time was up "Happy Christmas Reg." I smiled a little sadly knowing I wouldn't see him for weeks and he was going back to his evil bitch of a mother.

"Merry Christmas Darling." He smirked and kissed my hand and with that I left the carriage.

Remus passed my trunk off the top shelf for me and I glanced over at Sirius who looked like he would rather jump in front of this train than step off it. "You're welcome at my place Sirius any time you know that don't you?" I said quietly.

He looked for a second like he resisted a smile. "Cheers y/n." At least we were civil? I didn't even know at this point.

When I saw my Mother at the station I gave her a big hug "hello!" She smiled happily and hugged me back, I was taller than her now but her warm smile never changed. She had dark brown curly hair like James, which now had a few streaks of grey in and the same blue eyes as James as well. She greeted Remus like her own son and Peter went over to his Mum. "Oh stop growing!" She looked over at Remus who was easily 6'3 by now with a bright smile. "No Sirius this year?"

"No his family wanted him." James answered for me as I looked at the floor.

"Well we must check up on him regularly then. Come on let's go home, I've got a Christmas cake in the oven." Remus was smiling happily, he never mentioned St Edmunds but he always loved coming to our house for Christmas.

I exchanged a quick glance with Reg while his mother fussed over him and basically ignored Sirius. You know when people just look sharp and pointy, that was Walburga Black for you. Sirius had his arms crossed moodily and Reg was trying not to look uncomfortable while she straightened up his collar. I gave him a brief smile then left the station with my family, that was my last sight of him for two whole weeks and I think something about me just knew that the calmness we had all had over the last month couldn't last forever.

((Thanks for 1.7k reads, I have exams when I get back to school for the next 2 weeks but I've just wrote loads of chapters on this long ass car journey. If I don't upload a chapter one day that's why thanks for understanding
- Author :)