Chapter 44 - Summer holidays 1977

The last days before the Summer holidays were spent soaking up the Summer sun and making the most of being with friends. I came to the realization that next year would be our last year at Hogwarts so we were going to make it the biggest by far.

I was laid in the grass with Marlene, Mary and Lily. Mary was making Marlene a flower crown and Lily was drawing them both without them realizing. "I'm going to miss you all in the summer."

"You know Queen are performing in the summer. My dad bought be tickets, only enough for me and you three but... Who needs tickets when you have magic." Mary grinned and got all of our attention immediately. Queen. Live. And we could see them.

"I'm down!" I grinned "The boys will be too, we could have a day out in London and see Queen it will be amazing!"

"It's August 9th I think." Mary smiled.

"I can't wait!" Marlene giggled and sat up. Mary put the flower crown on her head, it looked beautiful with Marlene's blonde hair.

"You're so pretty Marls." Mary smiled.

"You are." Marlene blushed and I smiled at the pair.

"Come on we have to tell the boys." Lily grinned after giving me a knowing look about Marlene and Mary.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

We burst into the boys dorm where they were all packing. Peter jumped as we walked in "Oh hello girls." He smiled and waved at us.

"Hey Pete. We've got news." I smiled and flopped down onto James's bed. Lily sat next to me and Marlene and Mary sat on Sirius's so we were all in around the middle of the room.

James greeted Lily with a hug and a kiss on the cheek which made her smile. "What's up?" He asked.

Sirius had stopped stuffing muggle records into James's trunk (Because of course we had to hide them over the holidays from his family) to hear what we had to say. Remus was sat on his bed, everything already packed of course, reading  book which he put down.

"We're all going to a Queen concert on the 9th of August." Marlene grinned.

"No way! How did you get tickets!?" Sirius was jumping up and down in excitement. Freddie Mercury was that boy's idol.

"I've only got enough tickets for four but we have magic." Mary smirked.

"MacDonald I adore you." Sirius grinned and threw a friendly arm around her.

"Back off she's mine." Marlene joked and kicked him playfully.

"Anyway, on August 9th we go to see Queen, we can sneak in using magic and have some drinks and all that in London. Any questions?" I grinned standing up to talk to everyone.

"Is it legal?" Remus laughed.

"Any important questions Mr Moony." Sirius teased.

"We can arrange anything else over the phone or whatever. I'm buzzing for it." James smiled happily.

"Anyway, I need to go get packed. See you losers on the train." I said to the boys and walked out to my dorm with a smile. I needed to pack my bags, then I had a very important visit to make.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。..・゜゜・

Our train compartment was cramped, all eight of us were squeezed in together but the atmosphere was filled with laughter and the smell of sweets. Lily sat next to James for the first time ever, he had his arm around her and her head was on his shoulder. I sat with Sirius by the window. Before it was too long into the journey, I stood up. "I need to go see Reg." I didn't need to make excuses anymore, they all knew and given that it was the last day of term they had to excuse it.