20. What Hurts The Most

Matt's POV

I decided now that we were in Maryland, away from everyone, I was going to come clean and tell Mandy how I really feel about her. All the girls had taken off to the store so I took the opportunity to tell Jimmy about my plan.

He was outside helping Joel clean out the pool and I figured maybe it was a good time to bring him into the loop.

"So me and Val are getting divorced." I said not to anyone in particular.

Jimmy didn't even flinch, but Joel's head shot up fast.

"When did this happen?" He asked, walking over to me.

I shook my head. "It's been a long time coming, but officially a month ago."

"A month?!" He exclaimed.

"I've been hiding out at Mandy's. No one else knows and I'd appreciate it if we could keep it that way."

He nodded.

"There's something else." I added.

Jimmy immediately walked over to us.

"No. No. No." He said.

I ignored him.

"What?" Joel asked.

"I'm in love with Mandy." I said.

His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head.

"Does she know?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, but I am going to tell her tonight and I hope you both will back me up, no matter what happens." I pleaded.

"Do you realize what's going to happen to the band?" He asked.

"I already told him." Jimmy stated.

"Not just Avenged, but Good Charlotte too, people are going to take sides in the matter." Joel said.

I nodded. "I know, and I'm sorry for that, but if there is any chance that Mandy might want to be with me, it's worth the risk."

"I don't know, Matt. I mean things between her and Brian are still in a weird place and Carey hasn't been gone that long either." Joel said.

"So?"

"So aren't you afraid that she is going to flat out reject you because she still loves one or both of them? This could ruin your friendship."

I stood up angrily. "Don't you guys think I know all of this?! I wouldn't be making this decision if I wasn't sure that this is what I want. What I need to do."

They both nodded. "Ok. We're on board. Whatever you need."

A few hours later.

Mandy's POV

I sat upstairs, contemplating calling Brian. I missed him, I missed us and I honestly didn't care that Michelle was pregnant, I wanted to be with him.

There was a soft knock on the door and Matt peaked in. "Can I come in?"

I smiled. "Of course."

He pulled out my computer desk chair and sat in front of me.

"You okay?" He asked, obviously noticing the tears that had began to form.

I shook my head.

"What's going on?" He moved over to the bed and put his arm around me.

I rested my head on his chest. "I want Brian back."