67. Acid Rain

Spencer's POV

"I can't believe Matt would leave Val alone only hours after giving birth. What was so important he had to up and leave?" I asked Tal.

He shrugged his shoulders. "You know as much as I do. He only told Joel and Joel isn't talking. Not even to Benj."

"I think we all just need to be here for Val and let Matt do whatever he needs to do." Linzi spoke up.

Tal and I turned to her in unison. "You know something!" We accused.

She laughed nervously. "I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm gonna go grab some coffee." She immediately stood up and went to the cafeteria.

"If she knows something that means Billy knows too." Tal whispered.

We went and sat on other side of Billy, he looked up.

"May I help you guys?" He asked.

"Where's Matt?" We questioned in unison.

He shrugged his shoulders. "How am I supposed to know?"

After asking him persistently for a few minutes we gave up because he wouldn't budge.

Joel's POV

"Did you say anything to them?" I panicked as Linz filled me in on Tal and Spencer's suspicions.

"Of course not! I wouldn't betray Mandy's trust like that." She took a jab at me with that comment.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, come on, Joel. You turned her world upside down when you told Matt about Nikki."

"Who's Nikki?" Zacky walked over and we both froze.

Linzi gulped. "It's just a new boy in Mandy's life." Clever Linzi, II thought to myself she wasn't necessarily lying.

"I'm gonna go check on Val." I excused myself from the table and went back to Val's room.

I knocked softly and waited for her to let me in.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

She smiled and put her phone down. "I'm okay, just really sore. Have you heard from Matt?"

I shook my head.

"Something serious must've happened with her for him to leave like that."

"Her? What are you talking about?"

She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. "You're not serious, are you? You know that the only person in this entire world that he drops everything for is Mandy."

I turned away from her. "Joel just tell me what's going on please. I need to know if he's going to come back to me or not."

I grabbed her hand. "Val, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I swear if I would've known what he was going to do I wouldn't have told him."

She ripped her hand away. "So this is your fault! What did you say to him?"

I stood up and paced around the room. "I can't tell you. It's not my place."

"Joel." She pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Val." I walked out without another word.

Linzi's POV

I went outside and called Mandy. Things were getting too complicated around here.

"Hey Linz!" She sounded happy. What the hell was going on over there?