69. Gunslinger

Matt's POV

I drove for a while and ended up at Brian's house. I knew that was the last place that I should be, but he was the only person that could truly understand what I was going through. He loved Mandy once, and he loved a Dibenedetto, and now had a child with one, just like I did.

I walked inside and he was playing around on his guitar.

"What's up?"

I shook my head. "You wouldn't believe me, even if I told you."

"Try me." He laughed.

"I have a son."

He shook his head and continued to play. "We all know that dipshit. He was born two days ago."

I took a breath. "No. He was born two months ago and he's Mandy's, not Val's."

He dropped his guitar and he had a blank stare on his face.

"Syn?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

He snapped out of his trance.

"How the hell did that happen? Are you sure it's yours?" He asked.

I showed him a picture and he laughed. "Oh fuck. Yeah that's definitely your kid."

"What do I do? I love her, but she wants nothing to do with me, I just gave up everything with Val who does want to be with me, but I'm not in love with her. How the fuck do I have two kids and am not with either of their mothers?"

"What's going on with Mandy? Last I remember she was totally in love with you, I don't see why, but to each their own."

I rolled my eyes. "It's Kells, he's like a shiny new toy."

He laughed. "You know Mands, isn't like that. He must be something special if she's giving up the life she always wanted to be with him, I mean she actually told you she's with him right?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "Well no, she didn't come out and say it, but she told me she needed to move on and possibly with him."

"You dumb fuck. She's always been that way, she runs to the nearest exit when she's scared. You fucking hurt her, bad. I mean I did some terrible shit when we were together, but I never used Ali as a way to hurt her."

I put my head down. "You know I didn't mean to do that. She had just pissed me off, and I said the first thing that came to mind. I wasn't thinking."

"Obviously. I guess I'm just confused as to how she got pregnant in the first place... have you talked to her about that? Because I remember her saying that it was pretty much impossible since she was on those cancer meds."

I sat for a minute thinking.

"We knew it was a possibility, but we just didn't care, we were in love." I said.

"She sure cared when she was with me, she made sure there was never a chance she could have kids. Makes me think that our relationship was always destined to fail. She had no problem getting pregnant with Tal and now with you."

"Brian, I honestly came here because you know her better than anyone else. I just need to figure out how to get my family back. These last two days were the happiest I have ever been and with a blink of an eye, it's all gone."

He sighed. "All you can do is show her you're not going to give up. Show her that you can still be the person that she once loved, be there for her and your son, both of them. You have to have a balance, don't make her feel pressured or she will run the other way."