39. "He's going to be fine, Mands. We all are."

Julia's POV

"Hi. I need an ambulance to Forest Lawn Memorial. Yes my friend is unconscious." I spoke quickly to the dispatcher.

I checked his breathing and it was slow and steady, I sighed in relief. I didn't know what I had walked into, but I knew that the day I met Joel was something that changed my life and I didn't want to lose him.

I arrived at the hospital with Joel and Matt walked up to me in panic mode. "What's going on? Mandy is already starting to wonder what I'm hiding from her." He said worriedly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know what's going on, we went out for coffee and he left abruptly after I ordered. I followed him to the cemetery and he was unconscious in front of someone's grave."

"Alisha?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, trying hard to remember the name on the headstone.

"I think so."

He sighed and looked down, but suddenly his head snapped back up. "Coffee?"

I nodded.

"What did you order?" He asked.

Now I was even more confused.

"Why does that matter?" I asked.

"Just please. What did you order?" He asked impatiently.

"Mocha Double—"

"Latte Extra Foam." He finished for me.

I shook my head. "How did you know that?"

"You don't know much about this family, do you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I guess not. I've only really associated with Joel, Tal, Spencer, and Mandy. Is there something I should know?"

He smiled sympathetically and led me to the seating area.

Matt's POV

In that moment I felt bad for Julia, I knew that she saw something more between her and Joel, and honestly so did I, but I couldn't really be objective since Mandy was the one that wouldn't shut up about them being a possibility. I began to tell her about Alisha and only bits and pieces of her story with Joel.

She stayed silent through it all.

"You okay?" I asked.

She smiled. "Yeah. I just never knew that Robin had lost her mom, I mean she never talks about it at school."

I nodded. "Yeah I know. Robin is very guarded when it comes to her mom, she really only talks to me and her aunt Val about it all. I think she doesn't bring it up to Joel or Mandy to spare their feelings, but she really misses her."

A nurse walked into the waiting room. "Family of Joel Madden?"

I stood up and she walked over to me.

"Hi, are you Benjamin?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I'm Matt, his brother in law." I avoided the questioning look from Julia, if I had it my way, Mandy and I would be married soon enough.

"Oh I'm sorry sir, it's just Benjamin is his emergency contact." She explained.

I nodded. "Yeah. He can't make it. I was already here because—"

"No need to explain. I just wanted to come introduce myself, you will be seeing a lot of me over the next few hours." She smiled and I waited for her to continue. "Anyway, I'm Denise and I will be monitoring Mr. Madden throughout the night, he had a severe anxiety attack and his blood pressure is way too high for comfort. Has he ever had an attack before?" She asked.