43. Love It Gone

3 days later.

Alex's POV

"How are you feeling?" Spence asked walking into my room with Jamie in her arms.

I shook my head. "To be honest, not that great. I don't know how to handle all of this."

She set Jamie on the bed and he started climbing all over me. "Jim and Leana finally decided to take their mini vacation?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, Tal is downstairs with the rest of the kids. I don't think he realized what he was getting himself into when he agreed to keep them busy while they were on break from school."

I laughed. "Yeah, probably not."

"How are you guys doing?" I asked.

She smiled. "We're doing pretty good. Except for the little scene we made the other day at Joel's. I can't believe Nathan's hair is blue!"

I smiled. "It'll grow out eventually. He just wants to be like his dad."

"Yeah I guess you're right. I'm glad that they hit it off the way they did, I don't know what I would've done if Nate didn't like Tal."

I shook my head. "So have you guys thought about making it official and getting married?"

She rolled her eyes. "You know how I feel about marriage, especially after how my last one ended."

"You never know, Mandy always said she wouldn't get married, but Carey convinced her."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, but we all know how that ended. I never thought that her and Brian wouldn't end up together, they had been through so much."

"That was part of their problem, they both needed a fresh start." I said.

She chuckled. "Yeah, but neither of them really did get a fresh start, they ended up with the people they were with before each other. Well Brian did at least, nobody knows what the hell is going on between her and Carey."

"Yeah nobody ever knows. Then Matt disappeared and so did she. I don't know I always thought that her and Matt made a cute couple and they have always been so good with each other."

Spencer put her hands up. "Okay. Enough about Mandy's love life. I came over to talk about you. Benji gets back today. Joel is on his way to the airport right now. What are you going to do? Are you going to let him see Ben?"

I took a deep breath. "I don't know."

She shook her head. "I don't know? Really? That's all I get?"

I sighed. "Well what do you want from me? These past few months have been so peaceful. I didn't think that he would be coming back. I kept telling myself that maybe he would stay in Maryland because that's what he is best at, staying far away when he makes a mistake, Benjamin has always been good at running."

She grabbed my hand. "You can't always think that way. You know that I am the last person on this planet to defend him, but I talked to Sarah and she said that he is doing really good. He's ready to be the man you fell in love with again."

"Spence, I don't know who that is anymore. I have been through so much with him, the cheating, the lies, the abuse, mental and almost physical. I can't just think about myself anymore, Ben is the greatest thing that ever happened to me and Benjamin almost took that away from me." I tried to not let the tears fall, but whenever I thought about what could've happened if Tal hadn't intervened, I couldn't help it.

"I know. I know, but sis, he's Ben's dad and I know that you don't want to believe it, but Ben needs him. He's getting older and starting to notice all of the things going on around him. I'm honestly just hoping that Benji will be here for his son's first birthday."