65. Her conscience calls the guilty to come home.

Matt's POV

I woke up to see the spot next to me empty, I was usually awake before Val, so I turned to check my phone it was barely six am. I got out of bed and threw on a T-shirt.

"Val?" I called out, but no answer.

I walked downstairs and she was sitting on the ground against the couch, holding her stomach. I ran to her side.

"Val?! What happened?" She grabbed my hand and looked at me panicked.

"We need to go to the hospital." She said in between breaths.

I ran upstairs and grabbed the hospital bags and my keys. I carried her to my car and sped the whole way to the hospital.

I held her hand and talked her through what I figured were contractions. I had never been in this position before. Every time one of the girls went into labor I didn't show up until the baby was already here.

When I pulled into the emergency department there was already a nurse waiting outside with a wheelchair. Jimmy was running up to us from the parking lot.

"I thought she wasn't due for another week." He panicked.

I didn't answer him, I was too busy focusing on Val. I was about to become a dad for the first time.

Mandy's POV

My phone rang I turned it over to see Linzi's picture on the screen.

"Hey. Isn't it barely 6 there?" I asked.

She spoke softly. "Val is in labor."

I stayed quiet. I didn't know what to say. Matt was about to become a dad, for the first time, or so he thought.

"Mands? Are you there?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm here."

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

At this point I couldn't help but let the tears fall. He was there at Val's side, being her support, being the person she needed the most in that vulnerable moment.

Flashback

"Rhemy! My water broke!" I screamed from my bathroom.

She ran in and helped me out to the living room.

"Where's my mom?" I cried.

She pulled her phone out, "I'm calling her now to meet us at the hospital. Her hotel is only five minutes from here, she'll make it."

I breathed through the pain as Rhemy sped to the hospital.

Once I was wheeled into the labor and delivery wing of the hospital, I saw my mom waiting for me. I smiled and she ran over to me. "How are you doing?" She asked.

I squeezed her hand.

She laughed. "Ok. Ok. Let's go have this baby."

The nurses wheeled me into a delivery room and checked me.

"Alright Mandy, you're about 9 centimeters dilated, as soon as the doctor gets down here its going to be time for you to push."

I nodded and the tears began to fall.

"What's wrong?" Rhemy asked.

"I want Matt." I couldn't hold anything back anymore.

Rhemy nodded and immediately ran out to call him.

Rhemy's POV

I grabbed Mandy's phone and looked for his number, I decided to call off of my phone just in case he didn't answer because it was her.