17. Tell 'em anything you want to just don't tell 'em The Truth.

Mandy's POV

"Care." My heart was pounding and I wasn't even sure what he had heard.

"Linzi, can you leave us alone for a minute?" Carey asked her.

She nodded and walked out of the room.

"We should probably sit." He gestured to the bed and I sat down, while he pulled out my vanity chair and sat across from me.

"What did you hear?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. "Well, not too much, just that I am wasting my time by being here."

I sighed. "Carey, please let me explain. You know that I have always been in love with Brian."

He nodded. "Yes, I know that, but this time you promised me that there was not going to be anymore Brian, that this time it was just going to be me and you and you are sitting up here talking to Linzi about how much you still love him."

I shook my head. "It's not like that, and even if it was there can never be anything between me and Brian, Michelle is pregnant, he has to be with her and I know that it's always going to be her and Brian."

"Yeah, it sucks being the footnote in someone else's love story." He huffed.

I tried to grab his hand, but he pulled away.

"I think it's time that I make my way back to Arizona."

I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest.

"Carey, please don't do this." I pleaded.

"I can't keep being your second choice, Mands, not when you're my first." The tears started to spill out.

He gently wiped them from my face and kissed my forehead softly. "I love you Mandy Sawyer, I always will, but this is where I say goodbye."

He started to walk out of the room, but I stood up and pulled him towards me.

One last kiss.

And he was gone.

Brian's POV

I watched as Carey walked out the door, without saying a word to anyone. I looked to the top of the stairs and Mandy stood there with tears in her eyes. I gestured to Leana and Alex to go up and check on her. Soon I was left alone in the living room and decided it would be best if I left.

After a couple hours of driving around I pulled up to my house. The lights were still on so I imagined that Michelle and I would be having another fight tonight because I got home so late.

I walked inside and she was sitting on the couch with a blanket and a book.

"You're home." She muttered, not a question, simply a general statement, and she didn't sound angry which was a surprise to me.

"Everything alright?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I had another doctor's appointment today. Obviously you were too busy to come along."

I threw my head back. "I don't want to fight, Michelle."

"We're not going to Brian. I am tired of fighting with you. I just thought you should know, it's a boy." I smiled and immediately went over to her, placing my hand on her stomach.

"We're having a boy?" Everything I was feeling at the moment because of Mandy, went away, I was purely focused on being a father and nothing else mattered.

Our few minutes of happiness were interrupted by my phone.

"It's a message from Jimmy. We're all getting together at his house tomorrow for a BBQ, do you want to come?" I asked her.