33. Something that I already know

Mandy's POV

As we all gathered around Matt's living room I couldn't help but wonder what was going on at Benji's house. I pulled Val to the side, wanting to make sure that everything would be okay with us both being here with Matt.

"Hey if this is uncomfortable for you I can take Alex to my house." I said.

She shook her head. "No, this is what's best for Alex and Ben. I don't mind. I mean I told you that I was okay with this, or at least trying to be, but why are you and Matt avoiding each other? Because of me?" She asked.

"No, it's not you. Carey and I got back together yesterday." I answered.

She laughed. "You're joking right?"

I kept a straight face and her smile faded.

"Oh. You're not kidding, how the hell did that happen?" She questioned.

I gestured discreetly to the living room where Matt and Spencer were, looking this way.

She nodded. "Okay. We'll talk about it later."

Matt's POV

"So does that weird you out?" Spencer asked me looking towards Mandy and Val.

I shook my head. "Why would that weird me out?" I asked trying not to be obvious.

"Well that is the love of your life and your ex-wife." She spoke nonchalantly.

My head snapped in her direction, breaking my concentration on Mandy. "You know?"

She smirked. "Matt, seriously at this point who doesn't know?"

"Am I that obvious?" I asked and she nodded.

"So did Alex finally fall asleep?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah. Leana stayed up there with her, but I don't know how all of this is going to end. I wish Tal would call us already." I saw worry wash over her face at the thought of Tal being in trouble.

I put my arm around her. "Don't worry Spence, I'm sure he's fine. If anyone can get a handle on whatever the hell is going on with Benji its Tal, Josh, and Joel."

Joel's POV

I pulled up to Benji's house with Deano at the same time as Josh.

"Do you know what's going on?" He asked him rushing to the front door.

I shook my head. "I just got a 911 text from Mandy and Matt to meet here."

"Same here."

We walked inside and heard a crash upstairs. I ran up to find Tal lying on the ground unconscious and Benji was standing over him with his hand wrapped up in a towel and blood was dripping from his nose and lip.

"What the hell?!" I knelt down next to Tal and checked his pulse.

"He's just knocked out." I told Josh and Deano.

Deano tried to walk up to Benji but he swung at him. Josh walked over to Benji and put his hands up.

"Hey little bro. I need you to calm down and tell me what's going on." Benji's shoulders relaxed, he backed up to the wall, slid down and began to let his tears fall freely.

"She took my kid. She fucking took my kid." He cried.

Ae he said those words I looked around the room to see all of the drawers pulled out and clothes scattered everywhere.

"Benj, what happened?" Josh asked him calmly. I gestured for Dean to help me put Tal on the bed.

"Alex, took Ben. I'm never going to see him again." Josh grabbed Benji's face.