26. Leave nothing in that rear view, but Dust.

Mandy's POV

I walked up to the front door and unlocked it. "You can't be here."

He stood up. "What would make it okay for me to stay?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know, Carey. We didn't leave things on the best terms."

"I know. I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have and I'm not here to get you back. I'm here because I still care about you and I know about Matt."

My face fell. How did he know about Matt?

"Who called you?"

He didn't answer.

"I need to know, Care." I insisted.

He gave in. "Val sent me a very strongly worded e-mail about a month ago, I wasn't sure if I should come out here because of everything, but I once told you I only wanted you to be happy and I am going to stand by that."

I smiled. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "So what's the plan?"

I shrugged. "There really isn't a plan."

"What? Mandy Sawyer doesn't have a plan of action?" He faked shock.

I rolled my eyes and walked inside, he followed. "You don't know the whole story."

He looked around the house, nothing had really changed and I knew it was awkward for him to be here, but I was still happy that he had decided to come around.

I began to tell him everything about Casey and Matt. He would make a snide comment every now and then about Matt, but after a while the awkwardness had surpassed and it was just me and Carey, old friends.

Matt's POV

I walked off the stage after our final song of the night, ready to talk to Mandy about what had happened when she had gotten here. I looked around and she was nowhere to be found.

Linzi approached me. "She left."

"What? Why? Did something else happen?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing else happened, but is that really the point here?"

"What are you talking about?"

"What you're doing with Casey is really hurting her. You need to tell her how you feel again." I couldn't deny that I still had feelings for Mandy, but she wasn't being fair to me either and it seemed like everyone was only taking her side, everyone who knew that is.

"Again? Being the keyword here right?" I said annoyed.

"Matt." She said firmly.

I decided to stand my ground. "No Linz. I told her that I loved her and she rejected me. It's all on her now."

She chuckled. "Yeah, you think about that Matt."

I walked over to Brian who was headed out with Michelle. "Can we talk for a second?" I asked.

He nodded and Michelle walked back over to Casey who was apparently the only person that would talk to her.

"What's up?"

"Did you have anything to do with Mandy not being able to get into the show tonight?"

He rolled his eyes. "I thought we were over all of this. I told you I was fine with you being in love with the girl I have loved for a decade. Now why are you wanting to bring it up again?"

"I'm not trying to bring anything up, it's just Mandy thinks that you-"

He stopped me.

"If Mandy has a problem with me she can come and tell me, like she always has, she has never needed a white knight to come to her rescue, and you should know that better than anyone. We have been trying our best to be civil to each other, so just let this one go Matt."