23. Her Love Faded Away

3 months later.

Spencer's POV

I walked into Nathan's room and grabbed his overnight bag, tonight he would be staying with his dad, so that Tal and I could have a night out together. I was actually counting on Jeremy, but I didn't want to get my hopes up because I knew him and the fact that he hadn't seen Nathan in these last 3 months didn't bother him at all.

As soon as we were back in California I called him to see if he wanted to spend some time with Nathan, he agreed but of course I expected an excuse about work like always.

Tal walked into the room and put his arms around me.

"Everything is going to be alright, if all else fails we'll have a family night, maybe go play mini golf?" He smiled.

I shook my head and turned to face him. "I don't want to have to do that, Tal. I want us to have a night together, I don't think that's too much to ask for."

"It's not, but you know we can always ask Alex or Joel to watch Nate." He replied.

I pulled away from him and kept packing Nathan's bag. "I know that we can do that, but we shouldn't have to. He has his father." I said angrily.

Tal stared at the ground and I immediately felt bad for what I said. This past year Tal had been more of a father to Nathan than Jeremy had ever been and I was so thankful to have him in my life.

I walked over to him and kissed him. "I'm sorry. It's just I hate this whole situation."

He sighed. "I know. I understand."

I grabbed my phone and had a text message from Jeremy.

-Hey, I'm not going to be able to make it. I got called in to work. Tell Nathan I'm sorry and I'll make it up to him.

I rolled my eyes and threw my phone onto Nathan's bed and began to unpack. Tal picked up my phone and read the message.

He got just as angry as I did, maybe even more.

He stopped me from unpacking and grabbed my hands leading me to the living room.

We sat on the couch and he reached under the coffee table and set a large yellow envelope in my lap.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Open it." He spoke cautiously.

I opened the flap and pulled out a stack of papers.

Tears began to fill my eyes.

"Adoption papers?" I asked completely taken by surprise.

I nodded.

"Tal, I don't know what to say."

I read them over and everything was filled out, I saw Tal's signature at the bottom, the only thing left was for me and Jeremy to sign and we could file them.

I grabbed a pen, but stopped and looked at him before signing. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

He nodded, very sure of himself. "Yes. I mean Nate did ask me if he could call me Dad."

I smiled. "He did?"

He nodded.

I signed the papers and we decided that tonight we would talk to Nathan, and tomorrow I wasn't going to give Jeremy a choice. He would have to sign over his rights to Nathan no matter what.

Mandy's POV

I paced around my living room waiting to hear anything from Jimmy. He had been the only one that Matt had kept in touch with these past 3 months and I wanted more than anything to talk to him or at least know how he was doing.