15. There's Just One Thing Wrong.

2 weeks later…

Benji’s POV

It had been a long couple of weeks, but we were finally home and lil Benji was doing better than ever.    Alex set him in his crib and I wrapped my arms around her, just watching him.

“He’s amazing.” She said softly.

I smiled. “As soon as he can walk I am putting a guitar in his hands.”

She laughed. “Our kid is going to be smart, he needs books.”

“Okay. Books about guitars.” I muttered.

She smiled and led me out the door, shutting it quietly.

We walked downstairs and Matt was sitting on the couch with Val.

“Thanks for dropping us off man, I’ll be picking up the car from the shop in a couple days.” I told Matt.

He nodded. “It’s alright. That’s what we’re here for.”

Val suddenly stood up. “We should go.”

“You sure you don’t want to stay for dinner?” Alex asked.

Val shook her head. “No thanks. I have to work early.”

I noticed Matt roll his eyes, but I decided to brush it off and let them go. I would definitely be asking Mands or Jimmy what was going on later.

Matt’s POV

We pulled up to the house and I shut the car off and sat there silently.

“What’s going on with you? You were quiet the whole ride home.” She asked semi-concerned.

I chuckled. “What’s wrong with me? More like what’s wrong with you.”

She took off her seatbelt and turned to me. “I’m confused. How did this end up being about me, you are the one that’s been in a mood since we left Benji’s.”

“I don’t want to talk about it with you. I am going to go to Mandy’s.” I started the car and waited for her to get out of the car.

She sighed. “You know Matthew. I just wish you would rely on me and trust me, instead of running to Jimmy or her.”

She opened the car door and I whispered to myself. “I wish I could to.”

I pulled up to Mandy’s and Carey’s truck was parked outside. I wasn’t sure if I should bother going in, I didn’t want to see how happy she was with him, even though we all knew she was lying to herself and really wanted to be with Brian.

I decided that I was going to go inside and hope for the best.

I walked right in without knocking and Mandy was walking downstairs with Jamie in her arms.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” She asked.

I smiled. “I was just hoping that we could talk.”

She nodded. “Of course. I was just about to go outside with the girls, but come on.” She grabbed my hand and led me back upstairs to Brian’s empty studio.

I sat on the couch and she set Jamie down on the floor with his blanket and a toy he had in his hand.

“What’s going on?” She sat next to me and took my hand.

“I just –I..” I couldn’t bring myself to tell her the truth about what I felt. It wasn’t fair to her, I knew she was happy with Carey and I didn’t want to be the one to take that away from her.