8. You Don't Know Her Like I Do

Mandy’s POV

“So what are you gonna do? Go look for him? Say you’re sorry about leaving him? Get back with him? Huh?” Carey said angrily.

I grabbed my bag. “I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I have to go.”

I walked to the door and opened it ready to walk out and go save Brian, but Carey spoke, quietly, like he had no fight left in him.

“You know I have loved you for half of my life, but I am done running after you, so go, save him, love him.”

I walked out without another word. 

A few hours later I was standing in front of my house, not knowing what my next move was going to be. I set my bags inside and looked around. I could never understand how easily Brian pulled me back in, but he did and here I was yet again, leaving everything behind for him.

Brian’s POV 

I walked into Johnny's house completely panicked. 

Johnny was standing in the kitchen.

“I have to tell you something, but you’re not going to believe me.” I said pacing back and forth.

“I believe everything you say.” He said seriously, not bothering to look up.

I gulped. “I just came from Michelle’s. She’s late. She thinks she’s pregnant.”

He looked up at me quickly. “No way. So do I congratulate you or give you my condolences?”

“Dude, I’m being serious!” I yelled.

He sighed. “I know. So what are you gonna do?”

“I don’t know. I mean I have to be with her right?”

He shook his head. “Not really. Spencer isn’t with Nathan’s dad.”

I sat down on one of the bar stools. “Mandy is never going to forgive me for this.”

Johnny handed me a beer from the fridge. “What does Mandy have to do with anything? You guys aren’t even together. She’s in a different state with another guy, why are you worried about her?”

I took a drink. “Because Val helped me come up with a plan to get her back and Mandy is on her way back to LA. She’s probably here already.”

He set his beer down and shook his head disapprovingly. “No dude. There’s no way she’s going to forgive you, she’s going to fucking kill you.”

I stood up. “Thanks Johnny, you were so much help.” I said sarcastically and headed back to Matt’s.

I pulled up to Matt’s and he was standing outside with Mandy. I had no idea what the hell to do, then he pointed at my car and she turned around and smiled.

I got off and walked up to her.

She wrapped her arms around me and Matt walked inside, but not without giving me a menacingly glare.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her, hoping that she didn’t catch onto any of us.

“I just thought I was due for a visit.” Even if I didn’t know the real reason she was here, I could always tell when she was lying.

“Mands. We didn’t leave on the best of terms, I know that you would never greet me like that, so what’s going on?” I asked.

She grabbed my hand. “Will you be honest with me?” She asked.

And that’s when it hit me, I couldn’t keep her here with lies, I had to tell her the truth.

I nodded.

“Have you been drinking again?”

I shook my head. “You know that I would never go to that place again. I have an occasional beer with the guys, but nothing else. I promise.”

She smiled sadly. “Then what’s going on? What would make Val call me?”

I sighed. “I’m not going to lie to you, I knew that Val called you. I just never thought that you would come and save me after everything with Michelle. Since you left things haven’t been easy for me, because I am still in love with you, but you already know that.”

She smiled. “Thank you for being honest with me. I’m going to stay and whatever you need, I will be here for you, because I still consider you a big part of my life, I am starting over Bri and I’m leaving all the bullshit in the past.”

A few weeks later.

Carey’s POV

“Hey bro, what’s going on?” Jeremy asked as soon as he walked in the door.

“Mandy’s gone.” I said simply.

He shook his head. “She went back to Brian, didn’t she?”

I nodded.

“Dude, she ain’t worth it, look at all the shit she’s put you through and no matter what she ends up back with him.” He said.

“You wouldn’t understand, you don’t know how much we’ve been through.” I said angrily.

“Look I am just trying to be here for you, if you just learn to let go, one day it’ll stop hurting.”

I sighed. “I can’t forget about her, I look around and I feel like I am drowning in all of these memories. So please don’t tell me that it’ll stop hurting, or that she isn’t worth it, because she’s my best friend, you don’t know how much I’ve got to lose. You don’t know her like I do.”

He nodded. “Okay. Then go to California, get her back.”

Mandy’s POV

I had spent most of these last few weeks with Brian, we weren’t a couple, I still loved Carey, but he wasn’t returning any of my calls and Brian was actually being a great friend and helping me through it. 

We were all at my house getting ready for a family BBQ because Sarah and Josh had flown in for the weekend.

I guess it was also a going away party for Joel, since he wanted to go back to Maryland for Robin’s schooling. We were all against it when we heard the news, but he needed this and eventually we came around. Alex and Benji would be going with him and I guess if things didn’t work out here, I would join them, but I was still hoping for the best with Carey.

Later that night I was outside talking to Brian when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. Brian smiled and walked off and I turned around to see Carey.

“Carey, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I made a mistake when I let you walk away Mands. I’m sorry.”

I smiled. “Everyone makes mistakes Carey, even the people that we love. How’s Arizona?” I asked trying to make light conversation, because the last thing I wanted was to fight with him in front of everyone.

He smiled. “I love it there, but I was thinking about moving to LA.”

I stood there in shock. “Really?”

He nodded. “Yeah. So the girl I love can watch me make a few more mistakes.” I jumped up and he spun me around.

I don’t think I had ever been happier.

Brian’s POV

I watched her as she kissed him and her smile not leaving her face since he showed up.

I downed my beer and walked inside.

“Bri? You okay?” Val asked following me upstairs into my empty studio.

“She’s back with him.”

She put her arm around me. “Don’t worry Bri, we’ll figure something out, you guys are meant—“

Val was cut off by Matt bursting into the room.

“Matt? What’s going on?” Val asked.

He ignored me and threw me to the ground. “I fucking warned you.”

“Matt! Stop!” I heard Val scream before everything went black.