14. And I don't know what I'd do if I Lost It.

Mandy’s POV

I pulled up to the hospital with Linzi and Val we rushed in to see Spencer talking to a nurse with Tal and everyone else was sitting in the waiting room.

I walked over to Joel. “What’s going on?”

He shook his head. “I don’t know. Spencer is trying to figure out something. Benj just sent me a text to meet here. You were at their house right?” I nodded. “What happened?”

I explained everything I saw to Joel and he put his head back and groaned. “I hate not knowing anything.”

Spencer walked over to us with Tal.

“She said that they are running some tests on Alex and they don’t know anything yet. The nurse said she lost a lot of blood.” Tal said.

Spencer was crying into his shoulder and I held onto Joel. I knew that in this moment he was feeling everything that Benji was going through and he needed our support just as much.

Benji’s POV

I held Alex’s hand through everything she was in a lot of pain and I had this gut wrenching feeling that I was about to receive the worst news of my life.

The doctor walked in and sat next to Alex, pulling a monitor in front of her.

“I know this is scary, but I am just going to check on a few things. This is going to be a little cold.” She told Alex.

Alex squeezed my hand and I kissed her forehead. “It’s going to be okay.”

The doctor’s face fell and I knew then that something was wrong.

“What’s going on?” I asked panicked.

She stayed quiet and cleaned off Alex’s stomach.

“Doc?” I repeated.

She took a breath.

“I know this is going to be hard to hear Alex, but you lost a lot of blood and with the stress you had been going through lately your baby is coming and we need to get you to an operating room right now.“

I sighed in relief, the news wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.

“It’s too soon, what if—“ Alex panicked.

I cut her off. “Don’t worry about that babe, everything is going to be okay. I am not going to leave your side.” I turned to the doctor. “I can be in the room right?”

She nodded. “Of course. I will have a nurse come get you as soon as she is prepped and ready to go, but right now I am going to need you to go to the waiting room, we have to move fast.”

I kissed Alex and walked out of the room.

Everyone looked up as soon as I walked into the waiting room. Joel walked over to me and I just couldn’t help but cry and he pulled me into a hug.

“Whoa. Benj what happened?”

I cleared my throat and wiped my tears.

“They’re taking her to have an emergency C-section.”

Mandy walked up to us. “Isn’t it too soon? Why are they going to deliver him already?”

I shook my head. “I’m not sure. Things just haven’t been going as planned. The doctor assured me that everything was going to be okay, but I just don’t know. I’m scared.”

She wrapped her arms around me. “Everything is going to be okay. We are all here for you.”

A few minutes later a nurse came out and grabbed me. Mandy helped me get the gown and gloves on and once again reassured me that everything was going to be okay. A nurse led me to the head of the bed and I put my hand on Alex. Just repeating to myself that everything was going to be okay.