21. Smoke

Matt's POV

Linzi slapped me. "Why would you do that?!"

I shrugged. "She needs him Linz, and you know that I will always do what she asks, no matter what."

He walked up to us.

"Hey Linz, Matt can we go for a ride?" He asked.

Linzi walked inside and I followed him to his car.

We ended up at that old café that Alisha always liked to have lunch at when we were in Maryland.

"Why did you call me?" He questioned.

I shrugged.

"You know." He said sternly.

"You are what she wants Brian." I said.

He laughed. "Yeah right, you know her better than anyone, better than me and you think that she wants me?"

I nodded. "She is the best thing that has ever happened to you and regardless of what's going on between you and Michelle, you need to fix your relationship with her."

"Don't you think I know that? I can't live without her, I get that now and I realize that I made some stupid decisions with Michelle, but this time I am sticking to my decision. She's better off without me."

I shook my head. "If that's true, then what are you doing here?"

"I just had to see if I could be here and walk away again. I am going to be a dad, Matt, and Michelle needs me more than ever."

"Okay, but maybe you should stick around for a couple days, Alisha's anniversary is the day after tomorrow and Lee called Val to see if she could come and she should be here tomorrow. Just see if you are really willing to give up Mandy, she needs you right now."

He didn't say anything else about the matter. We had lunch and he dropped me off at Joel's. I walked in and Mandy was sitting on the stair case.

She got up angrily when she saw me.

"What?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes and pointed at my arm. "What's on your wrist?"

I looked down. "A watch."

"And what are watches normally used for?" She asked angrily.

I laughed in realization. "Oh. I get it. You're mad because I'm late."

She walked back up stairs and I followed her into her room.

"Mandy."

"We were supposed to go to that record store I was telling you about an hour ago." She pouted throwing herself on her bed.

I sat on the edge. "We can go now."

She threw a pillow at me. "No we can't because I have to make dinner."

I started to laugh hysterically.

She slapped my arm. "Shut up!"

Linzi peeked into the room. "Hey, Robin called and wants us to have dinner at her house tonight."

I smiled. "Thank God."

The Next Day

Mandy's POV

I woke up the next morning, in my old room, like I had the past couple days and took a deep breath. I still wasn't sure I could be in this house without Alisha. I rolled over to see Matt asleep on the recliner next to my dresser.

He was sprawled out and looked so uncomfortable.

I got up and knelt down next to him, gently shaking him awake.