Emotional Charade

There are a few disclosures before we start this rollercoaster ❤️

First Disclosure; In this book Dave's daughters will be teenagers. Kendasha is older than the twins of course by fourteen months so she'll be leaning more towards adulthood.

Second disclosure; Even though the girls have aged, Karen has not. She's staying young like the fountain of youth, PERIODT 🗣

Third disclosure; There will be a lot of flashbacks, visions, ect

Final Disclosure; For those just getting into this series I'd advise you to read book one first to clear up any confusion, other than that enjoy babes 🥰❤️

~~~~~~

Karen

*Flashback*

I stood in the morgue as I stared at Dave's body laying on the cold metal puller. Tears filled my eyes and ran down my face as I rubbed my baby bump and started speaking with a broken heart.

"You're so selfish. You know that right?" I cried.

Looking at his head, more tears streamed down my face seeing the bullet hole that the mortuary makeup artist had tried to cover up. I couldn't help but feel enraged at the fact that we were here.

"Why, hmm? T-Tell me why would you make a promise to love me for the rest of your life knowing that you were going to do this? Why would you make a vow before God to love me through sickness and in health knowing you were going to make a selfish decision? How could you leave me like this knowing that I needed you?"

More tears ran down my face as I cried into my hands. I managed to force myself to look at him.

"Y-You didn't just leave me. You left us... you left your daughters. You left your sister and your brother, and you left Jewel. T-This isn't fair. It isn't fair." I sobbed.

Shaking my head, I looked at his ring on his finger as I closed my eyes and tried my hardest not to hate him for making this choice.

"You know what's funny? When we thought that I was dying you begged me to stay, but then turned around and pulled the same stunt on me. Your daughters are going to need you. What am I going to say to them when they grow up without you?"

I felt my heart shatter as I looked at him.

"I can't... I-I can't do this without you. It hurts so much. Why did you have to leave me?" I sobbed.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it through this life without him. It hurt too much. This seemed like a nightmare I'd been thrust into.

I just wanted to wake up.

*Flashback Over*

"Mama, it's time for school. Are you coming to Parent's Day today?" A voice said, snapping me out of my memories.

Turning around, I looked at the twins Khari and Kiyomi who were sixteen now. They were so beautiful.