Faith Step

Karen

I went downstairs to check on Kierra and Malaysia after getting off Group FaceTime with my sisters who'd agreed to come to church with us. Seeing Malaysia in the bathroom taking a picture of herself, I stopped and smiled. It'd been three months and her hair had grown back fully. She was part Italian so her hair grew fast.

"Mal, honey

"Mal, honey. How are you doing?" I asked.

Malaysia put her phone away before getting off the counter.

"I'm doing really good actually. Kierra is doing better so I'm better. The whole cancer thing was scary for all of us, but we made it through and we're still making it."

"I just want to say.... thank you for sticking by my daughter's side. She's never had anyone be there for her and love her the way that you do. I really appreciate you." I said.

"Of course, that's my baby. I'd do anything for her." Malaysia smiled.

We continued talking as we walked out of the bathroom and headed downstairs where Kierra was.

"Dave is talking about going to church Sunday. Do you think you and Kierra would be down to go?"

"Definitely, God is the one who helped us through all of this. For all he's done we want to thank him in return even though we pray everyday we want to do more than that. So, we'd love to go." Malaysia said.

"Alright, good. Let's go see what Kierra is up to."

I walked into the living room where she resided and saw her up packing bags. She looked so much better and was so much happier since she was now cancer free. My baby girl was so gorgeous.

"Ki, what are you doing? Why are you packing bags?" I asked

"Because ma it's been great being here with you and the family and I thank you so much for taking care of me while I was sick, but by God's grace and mercy I'm better now and it's time to move back home. I love you, I love Dave, and I love my sisters; but I miss being at my own house. Can you understand that mama?"