Tell Me Why •3•

Dave

Once the plane landed, Karen, Smoke, and I made our way back to the hospital. Malaysia came and picked us up.

"Karen, can you please forgive me? I know that it's been hours since I revealed to you that Dave was alive, but I'm sorry and I-"

"Malaysia, I forgive you. It's okay. I also forgive you too Smoke. You're a good guy. I know that you wouldn't intentionally do anything to hurt me. Loyalty means a lot especially coming from the hood and the streets so I get it. I understand."

Malaysia wiped tears that fell from her eyes as she sniffled.

"Thank you. I just wish that it was that easy with Kierra. Your daughter is stubborn."

"She is. She got that from her Auntie Denise. But once she understands everything and some time passes she'll come around." Karen said.

"I owe her an apology and an explanation. I owe you both one too. Mal and Smoke I'm sorry fah bringing y'all into my bullshit. I'm sorry for putting a strain on y'all relationships, and I'm sorry for being a asshole and not thinking everything through before I executed the plan. Mal, I'm sorry for blackmailing you and making you feel guilty. That shit was foul. I shouldn't have done it. I hope y'all can forgive me."

"Of course, I forgive you bruh. You my brother fah life. That shit ain't gon' eva change. Doe might be a little upset when she finds out, but it ain't nun we can't work through. She got love fah a nigga. So, I know we stronger than anything." Smoke said.

I looked at Malaysia who still hadn't said anything.

"What about you Mal?"

"You're my brother and I love you, but I'll forgive you when Kierra forgives me. Until then I'm on the fence about this." I nodded my head.

I understood where she was coming from. She really cared about Kierra so it was killing her not being able to talk to her. I knew I had to fix it fah her since I was the one dat got her in it.

"I got you Mal. Ima do whatever I can to fix this problem between you and Ki. You can guarantee that." I said.

"That's if she'll talk to you. She was pretty upset when she stormed out of the hospital. I don't know, but I think she blocked me because I can't call her and my text messages aren't going through."

I sighed realizing this would be harder than expected. Karen and I looked at each other and I knew then that we were thinking the same thing.

"She won't be upset for long Mal. Just let Dave and I take care of this. I'll talk to her myself and Dave will talk to her. We'll get this all sorted out for you." Karen said.

Malaysia nodded her head as she wiped more tears that fell from her eyes and sniffled again. We arrived to the hospital a few moments later as Malaysia parked at the entrance so Karen and I could get out.

"You coming in Mal?" Smoke asked, getting out.

"No, I think I'll just go home. I'll park your car Karen and take mine home. Thanks for letting me use it." Hearing the sadness in her voice broke my heart.

Karen looked at her sympathetically. She grabbed her hand and held it.

"I know that you're worried about Kierra and you think she hates you, but she doesn't she's just upset and she'll calm down. Just give her some time and space. As I said before don't worry about her. Dave and I will take care of this for you."

"Thank you." Malaysia whispered.

"I love you big sis." I said.

"I love you too. Now go make this right with your family."