Tell Me Why •1•

Dave

Karen touched my face trying to see if it was really me. Once her hand made contact with my skin her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she fainted. I caught her before she hit the ground. Picking her up, I carried her bridal style to the couch and laid her down.

"Bruh, you know she pissed off as hell right?" Smoke asked.

"I already know. She got an issue with a nigga, but thank you fah beiny loyal to a nigga. You the real MVP."

Smoke shook his head and looked at me.

"Bruh, she finna beat yo ass you know dat right? She threatened to tell Doe about this and I'm telling you this shit right now if she take my pussy away from me because yo ass wanted to be stupid and fake yo death them Ima personally beat yo ass." Smoke warned me.

I chuckled softly before going into the closet to get a blanket. Coming back in the room, I placed the blanket over her, then went into the kitchen to grab a drink.

"Calm down foo. I know ha like the back of my hand. She ain't gon' hurt a nigga. I know she hurt and I know that she missed me but once I talk to her and make her understand then it'll all be gucci." I said, taking a seat on the couch.

"Or so you think my nigga, but something tell me it won't be dat easy." Smoke said.

I brushed him off as I took out my phone. Smoke went to the bathroom.

"Yo, foo. Come hea'." Smoke called.

Getting up, I went to see what he wanted.

"Bruh, you know Karen wanna beat Mal ass all because you included everyone in yo plan except her. Why you just ain't tell her what you was gonna do?"

"Yeah, Dave. Why didn't you tell her?" A feminine voice said.

Turning around, Smoke and I came face to face with Karen who had a gun pointed at me. Judging by the look in her eyes I could tell that one of her alters had taken over.

"Yo, what the fuck...." Smoke trailed.

"K.... put the gun down please?"

"Shut the fuck up! I'm talking." Judging by the tone of her voice and the venom in her words I knew it had to be none other than Quintella that had surfaced.

"Quintella, put the gun down. We can talk this out."

"Talk? Oh, so now you wanna talk? Why didn't you talk to her before you made the decision to leave Karen? Why didn't you talk to her in the sixteen years that you were supposed to be dead, huh? Answer me!"

Rubbing my face, I looked at Smoke who appeared to be scared shitless. Apparently he had never encountered one of Karen's alters or known about them.

"Smoke, I should shoot your dumbass for not saying anything this whole fucking time you knew. Dorinda deserves better than you. Not a quiet, heartless little bitch that doesn't know when to snitch when he should."

"Bruh, who you calling a bitch?" Smoke asked.

"Oh, did I hit a nerve? I must be speaking facts if you're getting all pressed about the issue."

"Dave, you needa get yo damn girl before I-"

"Before you what? Try it and I promise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit yo brains will be sprayed all over the fucking walls." Quintella warned.

"Maurice, leave it alone bruh. You ain't eva encountered nothing like dis before. I think dis one game you don't wanna play in."

"Foo, she all bark no bite. I bet she ain't neva shot a fucking gun in ha life. Don't be phased by that shi-"