Break A Nigga

Karen

"Thank you for watching Kierra for me. Do you think you could gather the kids for me? I have an announcement to make." I asked.

"Of course, I'll be right back." Twinkie said.

Watching her leave the room, I looked over at the couch at Jay sitting on the couch with Jacky in his lap. I then looked at Kierra who was sleeping on the other couch with her head resting on Malaysia's lap. The only one that wasn't here was Dorinda and Smoke, but I knew that if I didn't tell her that I'd never hear the end of it. Jewel came into the room and stood by the door with a mug in her hand that she had to her lips. Noticing the look on my face, she came over to me.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm supposed to be telling them the news, but this doesn't feel right. I'm supposed to be happy, but all I can think about is the fact that my husband is in bed with a broken penis and my daughter is going through hell right now. I can't do this." I sniffled.

"Hey, hey.... it's okay. Kierra is healing and so is Dave. Nothing is broken on him. He was injured that's all. Just because he can't be in the room doesn't mean he can't be in here at all. What if I called his phone and put him on speaker so that way he can be here when you reveal the news. Would that make things better?" Jewel asked.

Nodding my head, I wiped the tears that fell down my face as I sniffled again.

"Okay, I'm going to call him but I don't want you to worry. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Don't let anything ruin it K."

Realizing she was right, I took a deep breath as Twinkie came back downstairs with Kendasha, Khari, and Kiyomi. They sat on the couch next to Kierra and Malaysia.

"Okay, Karen we're all here now." Twinkie said.

"Not quite. We're waiting on a few more people."

"Like who?" Jacky asked.

Before I could respond the doorbell rang. Getting up, Jewel went to answer the door. Seeing that it was J Drew and Mia Kendasha's eyes lit up.

"J Drew!" Kendasha screamed, running over to him.

"Hey munchkin." J Drew chuckled as he hugged her.

He then went over to Khari and Kiyomi as he made his way around the room. He kissed Kierra on her head then made his final stop at me.

"Hey mama."

"Hi son. Why didn't you tell me I was going to be a grandmother?" I asked.

"I'm sorry ma. I should've told you, but I was caught up and - I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Mia what are you having sweetie?" I asked.

"We're having a little girl." Mia smiled.

Khari and Kiyomi gasped in sync.

"I'm gonna be an auntie? No way!" Khari said.

"Way." Mia said, making Kiyomi squeal.

Mia chuckled as she rubbed her bump. Kendasha was in awe as she admired how big Mia was.

"Well, speaking of babies.... I think it's time to reveal my announcement." I said.

"Dave, are you listening?" Jewel asked.

"I'm hea'."

"Okay, good. The big announcement and the reason I wanted you all here is to reveal that Dave and I are-"

I was cut off by the front door busting open.

"So, it's like that huh?" Dorinda asked.

"Doe, what are you talking about?" I asked.