38. The First Mission

Nora seemed all too happy to talk about the musician turned actress, recently turned mother, it was weird to hear about an alternate reality version of you. She shook her head as she gushed "I saw pictures the other day, the baby had a full head of black hair as people were like 'Oh its not Tom's kid its Loki's kid' and whatnot." she said with a laugh, making you wonder if Tom was your actress' husband. You shook your head as you finished your bowl, Thor walked up with a grin "He was not happy to see me" he said, smiling before he sat down in front of a bowl "I don't doubt it" you said, pleased with yourself. 

You looked back at Nora as she finished her food and took her bowl "So are you and Loki together?" Nora asked boldly, you froze then looked back with a smirk"Why cutie pie, falling for me already?" you asked, making her flush and Thor laugh. She brushed her hair back with a smile "Yes we are, why?" you asked, making her smile a knowing smile at you "No reason... Its just very sweet. The idea of a Frost Giant and a Sun God dating" she said as you began to wash dishes but froze. Thor laughed from behind "I never thought about the irony before!" he exclaimed, clapping a hand on her back.  You blinked a little 'Frost giant... wait, is that what he is?' you thought.

You turned around hearing Nora let out a small exclaim of surprise "Thor, be careful she's a mortal too... Actually..." you trailed with an evil grin before looking between the two. Nora blinked at you, concerned as Thor just looked between you two women "What?" he asked. You snapped your head over and clapped your hand on the table "Thor, can you believe it Nora has no self-defense training" you exclaimed dramatically, meeting Thor's eyes. He went wide-eyed and looked at Nora "None at all?" he asked, she bit her lip and nodded "N-No I didn't really uh think I'd be in this situation and would need military training-" you shook your head "God damn it, Thor, what are we gonna do? Our Baby Avenger can't take care of herself!" you said as Nora looked at you, wondering how you smoothly threw her under this bus. 

Thor looked between you two "Well we can't have that!" he exclaimed then finished his food and stood "It's settled, I shall train you, little one!" he exclaimed, clapping a hand on her shoulder. Nora went wide-eyed and looked at you as you gave her two thumbs up, her face exploded in blush again as she realized what you'd done, too cute "Thor I don't need to take up your time really!" "Nonsense, the Asgardians are in their own village, Loki is locked up and everyone is on missions, I have nothing but time!" he said, excitedly. 

She seemed to look at you for help "Kid, trust me, with what we got, you'll need training anyway... Besides, Thor here is great to learn proper form from since he trains in just shorts' ' you said with a wink. That did it, Nora could not possibly get redder as Thor only laughed and leaned on the counter, taking Nora's hand in his "If you're worried about the cold my lady you could always warm me up" he said, pressing a kiss to her hand. She looked down and squirmed a little as you arched a brow "Wow, the whole family's charming." you said before turning back to your food, giving them space to talk about training. 

More footsteps caused you to turn your head "Thor, (Y/N), you're needed." Maria said, out of breath "Nat's jet just went down near a HYDRA base... Your time to shine newbie." she said. You inhaled and nodded before looking at Nora who nodded and waved her hand "Go" she urged before standing, Thor turned from Maria and took Nora's hand, giving it a gentle kiss before you two ran after Maria.

You smirked a little at Thor "I can't help but notice how you seemed to curl up to the new girl" you said, the God laughed and shook his head. "What you said about her being ripped away from home... I felt akin to this, I couldn't simply let her be alone with those thoughts" he said. You frowned a little, still keeping the pace as you two ran with Maria to the briefing room "Thor if I made you feel forced I'm-" he laughed and shook his head. Whatever serious thoughts troubling him were shoved back "Are you about to apologize for trying to aid my troubles with a beautiful woman? Are you mad?" he asked making you laugh as well.