you're freezing

Lillian's pov

"Why's are we climbing up a hill, we can fly?" I asked Malcom, squinting to see in the dark.

"It'll be worth it when we get to the top, the fire works will be great." He squeezed my hand.

"Better be." I smiled. As we neared the top of the hill we stopped for a moment to look at the view.

"It's gorgeous." I started over the town, lights on in almost every house. It was like looking down on a tiny village.

"Yes, it is." I felt Malcom's eyes on me, before his lips pressed against my forehead.

"Almost there, come on." He said excitedly pulling my hand.

"Actually, wait a second." He stopped abruptly.

"What?" I asked nervously, my hand hovering over my wand.

"It's a surprise." He grinned placing his hand over my eyes.

"Good lord, you're freezing." He held my close to him and guided me to the top.

"This is it, this is how I'll die. You're just going to shove me off the edge." I smiled sarcastically as we slowed to a halt.

"Tah dah." He removed his hand from my face. There was so many candles bordering a pic-nick blanket. There was wine and a basket. I stared, speechless.

"Do you like it?" He asked, me taking a blanket from the basket and wrapping it tightly round my shoulders.

"I love it, I love you." I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"We have three minutes till midnight, wine?" He handed me a glass.

"No, seriously, how did you do this? I was with you all day" I asked him, as he filled his own glass.

"My dad." He gave a lop-sided smile.

"Must like me then." I nodded, taking a sip.

"Oh he does, he's only met you once but you're all he talks to me about." I noticed him shifting around a little. He paused.

"Can't blame him, mind." He nodded, checking his watch.

"Well, I'll see him tomorrow." I smiled leaning over and kissing Malcom again.

"Ten." He began to count.

"Nine, eight, seven, six..." I joined him, staring into the night sky, waiting for the fireworks

"Lillian-" I looked over to where he once sat, he was now on one knee.

"I have something to ask you..." I bit by cheek, but tears started to fill in my eyes.

"Will you marry me?" The fireworks began to erupt around us.

An

Switching things up. Sorry I've been MIA recently, busy busy.

But the chapter is here now, so enjoy it. It's probably not what you were expecting.

Anyways, as always if you have any feedback or ideas, comment here or leave me a message.

Or even just message me if you want to chat.

Have a good day, toodles.