I love you

Tw!!!! This chapter contains domestic violence, if you feel uncomfortable just skip the chapter, please x

I was falling through the air, getting closer and closer to the lake but never hitting it, of course.

Ron's pov
I woke up to y/n jerking violently in my arms, like she had gotten a fright.

"What's going on, are you okay? Y/n your scaring me!"I whisper-shouted in her ear. I stood up panicked. She was sweating but shivering at the same time. I looked around the common room at my friend's, they were all asleep in the couches.

"Lee, wake up. Something's happening to y/n." I said shaking him awake. He shot up, looking around the room before locking eyes with me.

"What?" He said.

"Y/n!" I pointed to her, shivering violently on the chair.

"What did you do?" Lee asked me, running towards her.

"Nothing, I just woke up!" I pleaded.

"Y/n, you need to wake up!" Lee shouted, George stirred a little and
y/n's bright green eyes shot open staring at the ceiling. Gasping for air. She looked down at Lee, before pulling her knees to her chest and shrinking away form him.

"What's wrong? It's Lee. I'm your friend." He said softly.

"The water, I hit the water and then I sunk into dad's flat and he was hitting her again and I started to fight against him and he came towards me and then I woke up!" She whispered, her eyes darting about the room, like she was looking for something. Lee opened his arms to hug her, but the quick movement made her flinch. She sat for a minute controlling her breathing.

"I don't do hugs." She said her voice was back to normal. Lee looked at me a shadow of concern glossed over his face. She followed his gaze only just realizing I was there.

"I'll give you a minute." Lee sighed, standing up and walking towards the dorms.

"I understand now." I said brushing the hair from her face.

"What'd you mean you understand?" She asked, I couldn't sense of the tone she used, it seemed like a mix of sarcasm and inquiry.

"Why you don't cry, why you don't trust people. Do you remember the time where we were arguing with Malfoy, he was going to hit you and you didn't even blink. You just looked at him. But it's because of your Dad, isn't it?" I asked her.

"Don't bring it up again." She said a monotone voice coming from her mouth.

"Just one question, did Lee already know all this?" I asked her.

"Lee knew I lived with my mum, if he had a question about my dad I would ignore it. Anything that he knows about him is all his imagination." She took a big sigh, her tone didn't change.

"Okay."

She curled back up on the arm chair, leaving room for me.
"I'm glad you didn't die today.' she whispered.

"I'm glad I didn't die today." I sighed. She gave a light hearted chuckle.

"I love you, y/n" I said, hopefully.

"I love you, Ronnie... But I still hate you, don't worry, I haven't gone soft" she said, smiling into the darkness.

"Listen to me. I need you safe, so if anyone and I mean anyone, hurts you again! You tell me, whether you want to or not, I find out. Got it?" Lee shouted storming down the stairs, clearly loosing his patience from being there.

"Why are you shouting!" A tired voice, complained. Ginny, Harry and Fred were all staring at us, confused. Lee stared intently at y/n waiting for a reply.

"Got it." She said staring at the ground.

"Back to bed." Lee muttered, collapsing onto the couch.

()()()

Y/n's pov

"Y/n?" Hermione asked as I walked out of the bathroom, my wet hair making my purple jumper damp.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Yesterday when you were hugging Ron, I realised something..." She hinted.

"What? Enlightened me." I said, drying my hair with my towel.

"You love each other." She said quickly, she was biting her lip like she was scared of what my reaction would be.

I stared at her for a second, tapping my temple knowingly then walked out if the room.

Hermione is too smart, sometimes.

The common room went quiet as I walked in. I ignored the silence, deciding to confuse Ron instead.

"Bonjour, je veux vraiment le petit déjeuner, un scone serait bien tu ne crois pas?" I said, cheerfully sitting down.

"What? You speak french? What did you say?" He asked intently.

"I said I'm hungry and I want scones." I replied. He nodded like he understood.

"Full of secrets." Lee shook his head at me, annoyed.

"You're angry? Why are you angry at me?" I asked him.

"It's only french." Ginny nodded, beside me.

"You're supposed to tell your friends things like that!" He complained, ingnoring Ginny.

"She didn't tell me either but it's hardly her fault is it?" Ron argued back.

"But why, didn't you tell me?!?!" Lee said raising his voice. I looked around the room, questioning stares met my eyes.

"Leave it Lee!" Ron said, threateningly.

"I want an explanation." He said calming down a little.

"I don't know." I whispered, shaking my head slightly.

"I don't think this is about the french." Fred said, to Ginny.

"I don't know, was he french?" Lee said sourly.

"Irish." I replied, not letting him get the last word.

"Y/n, who are you talking about?" Hermione asked, from the stairwell. I shot her a look and shook my head slightly. She got the message and sat down next to Harry, who I'd only just realized was there.

"Well done for not losing by the way." I said smiling at him.

"Thank you?" He said, doubting my genuineness.

"Your welcome, now that scone?" I said leaving the common room.

A/n
Sorry that this chapter was kind of grim, y/n needed more background and this is what I thought of. Give me some feedback, if you have any.
Thanks for reading. Also my french might be a little rusty.
Lots of love
A x