World's Most Important Phone Call

Right after seeing the bright shine of Bardock's aura, Chi-Chi focused and vanished. Her shape flickered with sharp snaps closer and closer to her intended target before the woman appeared in front of Bardock with her arms spread out wide, blocking his path. Bardock stopped, looking stunned that his daughter-in-law herself put herself in his way to stop him.

"What are you doing?" Bardock shook his surprise away and traded it for discontent again.

"Turn back. The dinner's ready and your wife needs you." Chi-Chi said.

"I won't just sit still and stuff my face full while my wife withers away and dies of some sickness! I'm going to make Dr. Puri tell me what she did and how to cure this disease. In the worst case, I'll make sure to avenge my wife!" Bardock clenched his fists with so much tension that his wrists shook beside his thighs while the Saiyan simmered in wrath.

"You may have known Gine-san far longer than I have, but, in the few years I've known her for, I've come to realize that Gine-san is a gentle and kind soul and that she wouldn't care about being avenged. She would love to have her husband and son beside her and... Even if she can't overpower this sickness, she'd love nothing more than to have her loved ones by her side in her last moments." Chi-Chi answered.

"That is exactly why I can't let anything get in my way, even my son's girl. Get out of my way or I won't hold back." Bardock demanded, raising his fist up and shaking it as an attempt to intimidate Chi-Chi, but the woman didn't back down.

Chi-Chi didn't give in to the attempts of her father-in-law to intimidate her. She elegantly took her fighting stance and offered him a look that was just as determined to make him see reason and turn back. Though Chi-Chi's eyes were far more rooted in the moment and focused, not stuck wandering in the past or the thousands of possible futures and delirious. This may have made Chi-Chi more concentrated on the fight. It also made her less aggressive and dangerous as well.

"Out of my way!" Bardock roared, charging at Chi-Chi with a crashing hook that was meant to send the woman flying aside and make way for him to soar all the way to the Puri & Co headquarters in North City. Chi-Chi lowered her hands, crossing them by her wrists and slamming her open palms to Bardock's own wrists, locking his right fist in place with an impeccable block that didn't challenge her attacker's superior strength but instead exploited his anatomy to prevent his hits from connecting.

With a crude yank, Bardock pulled his fist out of Chi-Chi's reach, connecting his hands together and driving them down in a double ax handle slam to send his daughter-in-law crashing down. Such a distraction would have given him more time than he needed to leave his pursuer in the dust. Yet even then, Chi-Chi gracefully skid across the air and to Bardock's side, exposing the Saiyan's openings to her. With a shooting palm strike to Bardock's jaw, Chi-Chi opened Bardock up and stunned him.

Chi-Chi swung her relaxed arms, whipping at Bardock with relentless slaps that used impeccable momentum and rotational force. They didn't leave any crushing damage to the man's bones or threaten to cripple him for life by any means, but that wasn't Chi-Chi's goal here. Just to smack some sense into this raging old man that had lost his way out of desperation.

With flawless grace, Chi-Chi soared forward with a knee strike that crashed into Bardock's nose and the front of his face, leaving the Saiyan gliding back in mid-air, covering up his aching face. Chi-Chi vanished again, appearing in front of Bardock as she swung her arms, tense and limber like tree branches, and smacked her father-in-law repeatedly with stiff shots from her wrists, upper arm, and elbows. The woman thrust her tensed-up palm, pushing it into the side of Bardock's jaw instead of slapping him. A lightning-quick kick to Bardock's chin opened the Saiyan up again while Chi-Chi thrust her open palms into her opponent's mid-section, resonating throughout his body with painful palm thrust attacks while she manipulated her body with excellent martial arts form.