A Death In The Family

An airship took a sharp swerve above the God's Temple and balanced out itself horizontally above the flat surface. It wasn't often that aircraft landed on the God's Temple and so the structure wasn't really designed with ideal landing conditions in mind. It took Bulma a good couple of minutes to position her airship just right so that she didn't knock the tail at any trees by accident and landed just right. Mr. Popo and Upa stood by the entryway deeper into the temple while observing the landing craft.

Piccolo, who stood on the edge of the temple, observing the events down below, turned around with a grumpy look. After Bulma snuffed out the engine, the Super Namekian slowly approached the spacecraft to join in on the conversation about the events plaguing the Earth at the moment.

"Wow, seriously, thanks for opening up your magical wards and letting us through..." Bulma beamed a smile Upa's way with a thumb up and wiped the sweat off her face. Little Trunks leaned out from behind his mother's lap to peek at Mr. Popo and Upa. After the first few looks and getting used to their unnatural appearance for a city boy, Trunks became bolder and separated from his mother. The boy went as far as to wander off on his own and begin exploring the new place.

"They are in place to allow only the worthy to reach the God's Temple. You've long since proven your worth. From what I understand, you need something from us to help us with the current crisis?" Upa approached Bulma. The once native guardian of the Land of Korin had grown even more in size and bulk since Chayote had last seen him. He wasn't yet as beefy as his father, but nothing in what Chayote saw of him suggested he couldn't get there given a few more years.

"I take it you're here to help?" Piccolo approached Future Trunks from behind.

"Yes," Future Trunks turned around and bowed his head. This was about as much respect as he was willing to give at the moment. "I am Trunks, I come from the future. Technically, I've come here to help my own timeline, but I seem to have gotten entangled in saving this one as well. My mother has altered the course of history and the outcome is quite interesting and useful to my timeline as well."

"I see..." Piccolo closed his eyes. "Most of us started as self-serving people, but eventually we became guardians looking out for the Earth. I can't say that I'm used to people from the future or Artificial Humans though, that is new for us."

"Piccolo-san, whenever my mother recalled you, she said that you had the abilities of a Kami, including being able to see all over the world from this temple like you were everywhere at once." Future Trunks brought it up.

"That's not entirely true. The Foresight ability merely exponentially enhances my perception. It requires perfect sync between my ordinary senses, telepathy, Ki sensory and the unique properties of this place and its connection with the higher realms." Piccolo explained with his arms crossed, wondering what this was all about.

"Do you think you could locate Frieza for me from here?" Future Trunks wondered.

"Frieza? True, it seems that he is here on Earth. Or, at least, the Artificial Humans we fought and King Cold suggested he was." Piccolo closed his eyes and turned around to approach the edge of God's Temple. "I'll try to see if I can find him. I must admit, with everything going on around the world at this moment, I didn't really have time and focus to spare in order to look into it."

"Wow, Chayote, you've changed a lot!" Kami Upa exclaimed while scanning his old friend head-to-toe. "You almost look like a civilized outsider woman now..."

"Well, I gave this whole peaceful life thing a shot. It ain't all bad, you know. Having a simple job protecting the world from many lowlifes and managing my own security force actually makes me feel like I have the most control over my own life than I've ever had. That's how I kept my wrath under control so well all these years." Chayote admitted. She caught herself rubbing the back of her neck and felt the dry coarseness of her untidy bed hair rubbing against the back of her hand. With a sly smirk, she tied her hair so tight that it almost felt like it was about to peel her forehead off. Given how surprised Upa was by Chayote's restraint while she was still groggy after being drained, the Saiyan could only wonder how weird she'll look to him now.