A Simple Kiss Goodbye

Artificial Human No. 18 launched herself onward in a one-track charge toward the remaining triplet of Krillins. Despite her cold and stoic demeanor in battle, the Android halted a bit when she noticed Krillin moving his hands over his forehead. She just wouldn't believe that this bald numbskull would attempt something so pointless in such a clutch moment and yet...

"Solar Fist!" he yelled out while all the doppelgangers closed their eyes. As the brilliant flash filled the devastated mountainside with radiance, Lazuli tsked with her tongue before throwing her hair back with the back of her hand.

"You dumbass, I can adjust my ocular receptors to filter out the light. Your feeble escape technique won't work on us..." she taunted Krillin, but, before she could finish doing so, a Krillin dashed through the light having blasted the ground underneath to propel himself at 18 for a blitz headbutt. A stiff clang filled the air as the artificial woman staggered back and the rocked duplicate fell on his butt, caressing his busted forehead and whining in torment through eyes full of tears.

"Stopped you long enough to brag about it," Krillin gave his opponent a confident thumb up while his doppelgänger rushed in for an attack, bursting with the King Kai's Fist aura around him.

The rushing martial artist threw a swift jab at his opponent, but Android 18 locked her grip around his wrist. Having enough battlefield experience, Krillin transitioned into a shoulder charge, but his opponent padded his slam with her open palm. Another Krillin charged in from the side, glowing bright red as he shot a wild uppercut and sent Artificial Human No. 18 flying while the two cupped their hands together.

"Ka-!" one of the Krillins yelled out.

"Me-!" the other one chanted.

"Not gonna happen!" Lazuli barked out while correcting her position in mid-air while readying her hand for a wide swing. Before she could execute a toss of Ki blasts to throw the pair of Krillins for a loop, a petrified yell froze her in place.

"Stop!" the third Krillin yelled out from down below, forcing the artificial woman to halt her motion and pay dividends when a Kienzan disc buzzed right past where the woman would have swung her arm to interrupt the channeling combination attack of the two. Instinctively, Lazuli's hand moved to her chest as she turned her attention to the Krillin that prevented her from losing a limb with a timely warning.

"Ha-Me!" the two Krillins chanted out in unison before throwing their hands out and unleashing the combined King Kai's Fist Kamehameha howling on its devastating path right toward Artificial Human No. 18. Startled by the sudden problem she had to deal with, Lazuli heaved back, rushing to get away from the danger zone of the overwhelming pillar of energy.

"Scattershot Kamehameha!" the sole Krillin with arms to spare drew his hands back, creating two separate Kamehameha in each hand before unleashing them as twin destructive waves that then split off into scattershot energy waves. The other Krillins intensified the glow of their King Kai's Fist, putting the integrity of their duplicated bodies on the line while yelling "Scatter!" and splitting their Kamehameha waves into dozens of smaller beams.

By the time Artificial Human No. 18 realized that the Krillins had trapped her, it was too late as the sum of the scattershot trio detonated all at once, decorating the skies in a fusillade of chain-reaction explosions. The scarlet glow around the two enhanced Krillins snuffed out, leaving the most crippled one of the trio to collapse, with the least injured Krillin catching the duplicate mid-fall and helping him stay on his feet while the three of them stared at the skies. While all three of them hoped for success, they knew there had to be a reason their opponent didn't plunge out from the smoke and debris and hit the wasteland floor.