Gourmet's Purification

"King Enma!" Upa jumped up upon being called out by the king of the ogres for stalling the line of souls that had to be processed.

"Kami, what is the meaning of this? You're lucky that neither Whis-san nor the Supreme Kai is here," King Enma showed his teeth both as a threatening gesture as well as a natural result of his cheer derived from the dumbstruck expression on the face of the newest deity in the universe.

"I've come to restore the body of this mortal. He is very special and I was not aware he died in the first place so I had to do so post-mortem, I apologize!" Upa bowed before King Enma making the king of the ogres ease up and begin picking his nose when Kami began boring him.

"If he's so special, how come you weren't aware when he died?" the giant mumbled to himself before standing up some to see Goku better from over the counter. "Ah, yes, I think I remember you. You came here to cash in Baba's Free-Return Ticket a few years ago, right?"

"It's been more than just a few years ago," Goku scratched the back of his head, looking significantly less awed by the massive king of the ogres than he was when he first laid eyes upon the universe's largest bureaucrat.

"Not to a judge of all who are dead and the king of all ogres!" King Enma pointed at himself with his thumb, looking boastful and as excited as ever to inspire awe in the eyes and hearts of mortals around him. "In any case, you're holding off the line. I hope you didn't get the bright idea to just restore this mortal to life, did you, Kami?"

"W-Well... Not yet, we shall be using the Earth's Dragon Balls for that eventually but... I've heard that King Kai is looking for a potential pupil to teach his supreme martial arts techniques. Given how Son Goku is now on the Otherworld, I've been wondering if he could give it a shot..." Upa asked the king of all ogres.

"Huh? King Kai, that grouch? Fine, if this guy can run through the Snake Way, there's no harm in him meeting King Kai. Hey, you, are you sure you wanna run through the entire Snake Way?" King Enma leaned over the table to look at Goku while he asked.

"Huh? I kinda don't really get what's going on but Upa said something about martial arts and I'm all about that!" Goku exclaimed in excitement. "Sure, I'll do it!"

"Alright, it's your afterlife that's at stake..." King Enma shrugged, "Now move it you two, don't hold the line."

"Goku, you must listen really closely, at the end of this path here lives King Kai. If you could see Kami as being the King of the World, King Kai is the King of All Worlds," Upa pointed out as he led Goku to King Enma's right, accompanied by a few puny ogres dressed in office attire and donning glasses.

"Huh? He's an even greater God than you!?" Goku wondered out loud.

"Oh yes! Much, much greater! He's greater even than King Enma!" Upa nodded a few times.

"You know, my hair isn't really obstructing my hearing, Kami!" King Enma glanced at Upa who froze into a popsicle and went pale. While Upa wasn't wrong about King Kai surpassing King Enma in the rank of divinity, King Enma would have rather not have heard about it in his proximity, especially not when another mortal near and could have filled his head with that which King Enma didn't want them to hear.

Upa made sure to accompany Goku to the Snake Way before continuing the explanation. The Snake Way was a long, narrow, and winding path of white marble, shaped after its namesake and was the only pathway guiding through vast fields of cottony, sunny clouds. Goku could only marvel at the sight with primal yells of excitement.

"Indeed, an impressive sight, isn't it? Legends state that this path is millions of kilometers long though its exact length remains unknown. It might even be longer than that as it is visible on the model of the Universe 7 that Whis-san gazes at, meaning that it is of meaningful enough length in the scale of the entire universe!" a blue office ogre pointed out, appearing to share his king's excitement in wowing the visiting mortals.