For The Love Of Gadgets!

"Whoa, it's night already!?" Goku shrieked out in a jolt after leaning down to stare through the few round portholes that Dr. Brief's latest magnum opus had. Supposedly, this spaceship was fast enough to carry all the martial artists of the Dragon Team all the way to Planet Vegeta in just a couple of days. This speed was greater than any of the vessels that Chayote had traveled in, however, the way she saw it–Dr. Brief had spent so many years building spaceship prototypes that it would have been a shock not to have him get this good at it.

Even with Chayote, Bardock, Goku, Tenshinhan, Chiaotzu, Krillin, Yamcha, Gohan and Piccolo all aboard and finding their own small quarters to sustain a dignified trip, the spaceship still felt like it hauled its behind even when Chayote felt like the past vessels were fast enough as they were.

"That's just space, Son," Piccolo replied. "Nothing but blackness and stars. Don't get excited and walk out on your own. I don't think the vacuum would kill you immediately but you'd choke soon enough–there's nothing to breathe out there."

"Thanks, Piccolo!" Goku chuckled with a goofy expression. "It's nice having you looking out for us for once."

"It's like taking care of a baby, honestly," Piccolo grumped out and sat down to meditate. Chayote had seen him do this plenty of times before. It looked like he was asleep, but those pointy, Namekian ears of his kept a close track on everything that happened around him. He only chose to reveal bits and pieces of what the Namekian truly knew.

"So, what is our plan here? Do we just haul all the way to Planet Vegeta, invade it like the Saiyans attacked the Earth, and rescue Goku's mother?" Tenshinhan wondered.

"Got a problem with that, triclops?" Bardock grit his teeth, immediately jumping up to Tenshinhan's face, just a few screws short of starting to swing his fists.

"Tenshinhan raises a good point. I'm not sure I'm okay with just invading the planet of the Saiyans like they did to us. Can't we just land, extract Bardock's wife and get out of there?" Krillin scratched his head. "It feels like we may have rushed out without thinking this through and we're bound to get killed just attacking openly like that."

"Typical..." Bardock rolled his eyes while grumbling. "It's so much like an Earthling to tuck your tail in and worry about everything. You won't find any Saiyans more powerful than prince Vegeta down there, and we've all gotten much more powerful than him, anyway. Even the king of Saiyans had grown soft with his dealings with Frieza. He barely even does anything by himself anymore, and his battle power was stuck on that same pathetic level for years."

"What if he's just holding back?" Yamcha wondered. "We do it all the time. Most of us can make our actual powers swell up many times more than the ones we start the fighting with."

"Saiyans aren't capable of your cowardly Earthling methods like Ki sensing and suppressing their powers. What the king has is all he's capable of and it isn't much." Bardock clenched his fist.

"I'm really excited to fight powerful guys like that prince Vegeta guy, but I don't wanna cause harm to innocents like the Saiyans or Lord Slug did!" Goku objected out loud.

"Fine," Bardock relented with a hefty sigh. "We've got a couple of days until we reach Planet Vegeta, so I'm open to suggestions. As long as we rescue Gine, I don't much care about much else. Still, I'd much rather pummel that poser king and his bratty prince into a bloody pulp."

"Can't we pose as visitors? Extract Gine quietly?" Krillin wondered. "We've seen some aliens invading our planet and some of Lord Slug's men and most of the Saiyans look human like. If we get our hands on some equipment of this Frieza Army, I bet we could blend in and walk on Planet Vegeta unnoticed."