How Goku Met His Mother

Goku turned his eyes away from Gohan's medical pod inside the spaceship to acknowledge two Ki signatures behind him. Since he had more experience with the skill, he picked the signatures up far sooner than Vegeta and therefore turned to meet the two curious passers-by. Vegeta who had just been seething with his eyes closed and making pouty faces the entire time returned to activity when Goku appeared from the room with the medical pods while on his way to the door.

"Those two Ki signatures. They might be just more Frieza Army soldiers. Let me take care of them, Kakarot. I'm in the mood for killing some small-fry," Vegeta stepped out and on Goku's way.

Because Vegeta had stepped in front of Goku, Tenshinhan was the first to open the ship's door. Piccolo and Gine stood right behind them. Seeing both of them together, sealing the fact that they were golden to take off and leave Frieza alone on an empty Planet Vegeta made Chiaotzu cackle in joy. The other surviving Saiyans that made the ship incredibly crowded for a trip home seemed baffled.

"You risked fighting Frieza for a low-ranking meat plant worker?" one wondered after the other. Vegeta turned to them with a severe look, which seemed to put the outspoken Saiyans back in their place. Right now the Saiyan prince might have been the sole Saiyan elite survivor, as only the measly and the cowardly had eluded the attempt at mass extermination of the Frieza Army.

"Hmm...?" Goku leaned to the right and then walked around Vegeta, seeing his mother for the first time as she meekly took brief ganders at the inside of the Earthling spaceship from behind her Namekian protector. The eyes of the two met and passed at first, but then Gine ran out from behind Piccolo, surprising the Super Namekian with her newly found courage.

"Kakarot!" she yelled out, putting her dukes up as if demanding an acknowledging response.

"Do I know you?" Goku scratched the back of his head, letting out a fit of goofy laughter which he found to defuse situations where he'd have normally made a massive fool out of himself usually.

"Imbecile, she's your mother!" Piccolo roared out with a sweaty forehead. "Make yourself comfortable, you're the golden egg we came all this way to get after all," he said after turning to Gine.

"What is the meaning of this?" Vegeta clenched his fist, approaching Piccolo. "I can sense your massive Ki still clashing with Frieza! Is this another one of your Namekian tricks?"

"It's Super Namekian to you," Piccolo became grimmer when turning to look down at Vegeta before stretching his neck and turning behind him in the direction where the skies were turning bloody and the entire planet seemed to reverberate from. "I've cloned myself to bring Gine back here safely. There's no use for the technique right now, but the clone has to merge back to the original to undo it. It robbed me of a little of my stamina, but it's not like it will matter in the grand scheme of things. Frieza's power is far more incredible than I could have ever imagined. It's unbelievable."

"Really?" Goku leaned from the hugs and smothers of his mother, who seemed to want to make up for all the missing time at once. "He's that amazing? Hey, Vegeta, maybe we should go get a look? Just a tiny look...?"

"Absolutely not!" Gine grabbed hold of Goku's head by smacking his cheeks in between both of her palms as she dragged his forehead down and pressed it to hers. "That monster already robbed me of my husband. He won't take any more lives from us. Now, Bardock mentioned something about my grandson..."

"Oh, that's right, you haven't met Gohan yet, huh?" Goku chuckled, leading the way alongside his mother while still getting vague glances behind him in the direction where on the entire other side of the planet an opponent unlike any other just waited to be challenged.