The Tenacious Battlefield Diva

Yamcha turned around in a snap motion, looking back with a serious look, filled with gloom. He had been too absorbed in his training to notice it earlier – the foreign Ki signature that was massive though unfamiliar to him and could have therefore only belonged to a Saiyan.

"What's wrong, Yamcha-san?" Puar yelled out in his high-pitched voice as he floated up to over Yamcha's shoulders. Being a lifelong friend to the man that once was just a lowly desert bandit, the shapeshifting cat accompanied him on his training trip ever since Yamcha split up with Bulma to do the only other thing that stimulated him – martial arts.

He was at a crisis then and Puar had to be there to do his part as man's best friend. Although now it seemed like the entire Earth was in a crisis. Puar looked like he was just lucky enough to be able to assist Earth with its invasion problem by just being there with his own best friend.

"The Saiyans, they're here already. They're headed here, almost like they can sense my Ki..." Yamcha explained without ever dismissing the gravity of the situation. "You should hide, Puar."

"But what if you need my help?" Puar floated in a triangular formation, right in front of Yamcha's face, begging to not be dismissed and urging his friend to make him useful in his own way.

"Knowing that it's Saiyans we face... I might just need that but first, we need to make sure you survive until I need that help. Then it will be like we practiced..." Yamcha gave his friend a thumb-up.

Hesitant to leave and hide, Puar nodded and floated off and onto the rocky house that he and his best friend once called their hideout. Where they lived, where they stashed their loot and watched television until the late hours or until they heard a jet in the distance. Where they sharpened Yamcha's scimitar or cleaned the barrel of Puar's rocket launcher which he bought from the scholarship money received for the graduation with exemplary results from the Southern Transformation Kindergarten.

Overwhelmed by the sudden rush of pleasant memories, Yamcha had to force himself to turn back at the direction of the oncoming Saiyans. He checked it multiple times though it seemed as if there was just one Saiyan headed at him. He could sense a few more unfamiliar Ki signatures to him, some of them stronger than the one headed right at his location, though those guys all missed him by hundreds and even thousands of miles and continued to head elsewhere.

It was safe to say that the Saiyans did not invade Earth to destroy the brave desert bandit Yamcha.

"At least they're not sending their strongest guy after me..." Yamcha struck a smirk of confidence as he patiently awaited the arrival of the Saiyan.

"Hmph... So you're the Earthling of anomalous strength, huh? What a piss-poor excuse of a warrior..." a woman's voice with some tomboyish language flew out of the mouth of a Saiyan warrior floating in mid-air with her hands thrown to the sides. Like a vixen, the woman waggled her tail behind her with its hair sharpened and sticking out to the sides, displaying her teeth in a twisted expression of brutality.

"Of course my opponent would turn out to be a woman..." Yamcha sighed and shook his head.

"What's that? You should be the last bastard on this rock underestimating me! You don't deserve the awesome power level that the scouter attributed to you before!" the Saiyan lady ignited a pair of Ki blasts in both her hands before throwing a wild barrage of them right at Yamcha.

"Awesome power level, you say?" Yamcha smirked in excitement as he deflected the few Ki blasts that actually threatened to hit him with the back of his hand while the rest detonated around him, sinking him into a cloud of smoke.

"That's right, I thought your power level to be almost twice as big as mine, though don't get any wrong ideas, scumbag. Once I transform into a Great Ape, you're gonna get crushed all the same!" the Saiyan woman cursed at Yamcha, turning on her scouter again and measuring the power level of the warrior she thought to have wounded just now.