Chapter 37

I knewYou wouldBe thereFor me

I knew
You would
Be there
For me

R A K S H I T

"All the best Rakshit" Romi cheered me up as the small basketball match was about to start. My eyes were roaming around the field searching for Drishti's figure sitting in spectators but couldn't find her, yet.

"Now boys! Let's team up" Neil commanded everyone as he stood right opposite to me.

We were divided into two teams, one was lead by Neil and the other was under my captaincy. Since it wasn't an official inter college match and was just a friendly match, the students who were not a part of the college basketball team also joined us. To my disadvantage, Neil had some of the best players on his side.

Who would want himself to be on the captain's bad-list anyway?

On my side were mediocre yet efficient players including Vicky and Romi. Our plan was under construction, we decided to simply play and have fun instead of focusing on winning the game.

This happens when you know you don't have the chances of victory.

"Ok boys! Let's do this!" I cheered my team and lead them into the field for the game to began while whole of my attention was towards the crowd, looking for Drishti who hadn't arrived yet. None of the girls had.

"Rakshit she will come. Focus on the game. You won't look good with a broken tooth, geez" Romi had his own way of treating situations and I really appreciated his jovial and always positive personality.

"I don't think so" said Vicky while tossing his eyes and running to catch the ball.

"She will. Trust me" Romi smiled at me before he crossed me for taking the pass from Vicky.

The game continued for a good five minutes when I decided to allow my eyes have a look at the crowd and find the person whose presence was expected at the time. I looked around every corner but couldn't locate her. When my eyes failed to find her, I moved my head away in desperation when through their corner I took notice of two familiar figures taking their seat on the benches around the field.

Turning my face once again with hope, I saw Divya and Natasha sitting at the bench and cheering for us but there were no traces of Drishti. I wondered if she was running late or didn't wish to come due to the uncomfort she could face because of Neil.

"I told you" Vicky came huffing from behind and stole the pass from the opposite team, passing it to me. "She won't"

"She will" I said and ran to take the shot but their defense near the basket was much stronger than the man-to-man marking they were attempting before, making me attempt a 3 pointer after reading their strategy and possibilities of the defense.