Chapter 52

I Might Not ReactBut I see everything And React when I am completely sure

I Might Not React
But I see everything
And React when
I am completely sure

R A K S H I T

Drishti had been acting a lot different lately, especially since the day we arrived here. Sometimes she would act weirdly while other times she would smile without any reason which wasn't  a problem till she tried covering up.

Staying away from her was one of the most difficult tasks nowadays, for she was not willing to let me go anywhere. Wherever I went, she would follow me like a goat following it's master. Yesterday I dared to ask her why was she doing it.

Did you know she could stay silent and serious for a whole day?

Since yesterday we were completely off the talking terms and this time I didn't try consoling her.

Afterall I was Rakshit Shergill!

This was my reply if I had to use Drishti's language.

It had been so long that I met my former colleagues, so I went to my old office to give them a surprise visit. Some of them were overwhelmed by my presence while others showed no signs of joy. Probably because I was the son in law of the owner of the company they worked in.

My colleagues congratulated me on my wedding and offered their displeasure on not getting any invitation. I had to explain them how things went and we had to marry all of a sudden, so there was no time for sending invitations to anyone. None of Drishti's close relatives or friends were there so what would I say- 'Yeah the bride's family ain't here, she is not happy at all, I feel that she will skin me so you all are invited'

If I had time, they were still not invited.

Just kidding.

Don't get me wrong, but I was quiet enjoying the moment when I was getting married and didn't send an invitation to the people who thought they were coming.

"Oh hi Rakshit!" If it wasn't one of my old friend's way of calling me, I would have not recognized the voice after it changed so much.

"Samaira!" In front of stood Samaira, holding a bouquet of freshly plucked roses in her hand. Samaira was that person in the office who was brilliant at arranging things when they were required all of a sudden.

If we ever needed to complete a document on a short notice, she was there. The coffee powder in the office was finished, she was there. The printer was not working, the mechanic was there but Samaira would be the one to call him. So I was not surprised by her speed to grab the bouquet.

"Roses for you sir" she handed me the roses and we met with a friendly side hug, just like we used to. "It's not fair Rakshit!" She groaned like an angry child and whacked my shoulder playfully "You got married and didn't inform me? When I returned, I just got shocked to know that you were married to Sarthak sir's daughter. What was her name by the way?"