Chapter 59

She Told Me That She Loved MeBy The Water Fountain

She Told Me
That She Loved Me
By The Water Fountain

R A K S H I T

Every moment which was termed as perfect by me till now would be nothing but a heap of meaningless memeories if Drishti failed to understand the entire situation.

I was standing behind the tree, listening to her complaints and the argument between her father and she. The times I used to wonder why she would be sour towards me or later wonder why she grew suspicious of me or my feelings, I never knew that all those insecurities were from the memeories of her childhood.

I never knew that her father bought her friends when she was lonely.

By the time I had arrived, a huge argument was taking place at her favorite spot of the garden. The decorations were scattered everywhere and so were some of the eatables which were psuhed on the ground.

She did prepare for my birthday, but the one wrong timing ruined everything.

"I don't want to be with anyone of you! Leave me alone!" She yelled and sat at the rim stone of the fountain, holding her legs close to her chest.

"Drishti try to understand, I did that because of you. I couldn't see you in that state so I-" Sarthak dad tried to explain his purpose behind what he did but when the heart is broken, nothing seems reasonable enough to lift our mood. "I just did that. But why are you talking about Rakshit? Did he do anything? If he did, what are you going to do now"

First of all I did absolutely nothing.

"Dad leave! Please, I beg all of you to leave! I want to be alone, you've already done so much after getting me married to someone who loved someone else. I can't live with such a person. I'm not that selfish anymore dad, I, I, I will divorce him and- and- let him free" secondly, was someone selling brains there? If yes, then please give this human one or two.

Oh come on! I was never this frustrated with my life.

Rubbing my temples with my fingers, I gasped at her sudden jumping to conclusions and watched everyone being ignorant of my presence.

"Drishti, Rakshit loves-" Divya took a step forward only to be held back by Romi who nodded in a no. It was one of those times when a person needed to be alone, for the sake of their own good.

They watched her lean on the pavement of the fountain and play with the water in complete silence. Before anyone of them decided to make a move and worsen the situations for me, I stepped forward and came into their area of vision.

As soon as I was walking past them, their mouths opened to speak something but stopped after I showed them my hand and pleaded them to leave, by my eyes. They did not leave so easily, I had to ensure them that I would handle the situation and my dear wife.

She heard them going away and as soon as the footsteps died, she dipped her hand entirely in the water"Nothing is forever. Why did you say I was the only one when you loved her? Why did you give me false hope when you didn't love me? Was I just a responsibility and nothing more? It's been years but I still am a burden for everyone. Nobody except dad and Divya Romi loves me. Nobody does"

Hmm, and I am a Potato

Laughing at this moment was the worst I could do but I couldn't hold it and walked upto her, laughing without any voice. Internal laughs you know. She laid her head on the rim stone of the foundation as she sat on the grass and took heavy breaths.

"Will I be alone, forever?" She gasped. Without letting her feel my presence, I sat behind her back and smiled at her question.

With delicate movements of my hand, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled a shocked and fighting Drishti into my embrace "You'll never be alone Drishti"

Her attempts to escape softened as she realized it was me, gradually ending as she rested her back on my chest. "Why did you come here?"

"Because I had to. I was walking by and heard that you were shouting at your dad, I had to come" A sudden force was applied which pushed me back and had Drishti free from my hold.

In front of me stood an angry and sadistic Drishti struggling to hold her tears back. Filled with the feelings of betrayal, sadness and pain, she still looked like a goddess in the sweet not-so-serious anger of hers.

"So you're just here because you think I was being the bad person once again. It means that you had no intention to come here for me?" I hummed while standing, she walked towards me and started pushing me back. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing" I smiled again and continued stepping back with each of the push she send my way, each one followed by one lone or another expressing her feeling of solitude and anger.

It was all until we were standing under the tree and she stopped her actions. On asking her why was she so mad at me for ten times, she looked away and hugged herself in grief "I saw you and Samaira and heard everything"

"Everything?" Smiling at her, I placed my hand on her shoulder which was jerked away as expected.

"Yes everything!" She yelled "You love her?"

"I do" as a friend but I better watch you being jealous. "I do love Samaira"

She gasped at my words and took a step back, her eyes leaving her side to support the tears and letting them down. The straight line of tears flushed down her face to her neck, her quivering lips covered with her hand, her head bowed down.

Wish I could continue it but the truth was that I never wanted her to cry, especially because of me. "As a friend and nothing else" I whispered and leaned back to watch her reaction without any sort of fear now.

It was the day I had been waiting for.

"What?" Half confused at my statement, she stared at my face for so long before asking me "but I saw you two-" her fingers curled up above her shoulder, it was just an index finger pointing backwards and an utterly confused visage looking for answers.

"You did not listen everything Drishti. You came at the wrong time" After that I explained her how she came to wish me and we simply hugged out of the feeling of friendship. I skipped that 'I love you Rakshit' part though.

"So, you mean to say" she sighed and banged her hand on her forehead "I came in between a conversation and misunderstood everything. I'm such an idiot!"

"That you are" I laughed at her before I pulled her by her waist to ask her THE QUESTION. "But why would that affect you Drishti?"

"No it didn't" And I am Santa Claus. "You are not that important"

"Don't lie to yourself today. You have to admit what you feel, in front of me" Slightly joining my nose with hers, I turned her towards the other side and caged her between the tree and myself.

This girl was great at escaping.

"No I-"

"Drishti please" I sighed and leaned towards her ears "At least today, I deserve to know, what you feel. I deserve to know what will be our future. It had been months of unnecessary hatred. Don't you think that too?"

"I-'m" nervousness filing every empty space inside her body was forbidding her to speak. She didn't speak for the following five minutes and the stage reached when I did not feel like trying anymore.

"Leave it. I'm going back to the room. Good night" I left her waist and stepped away from her, turning and walking towards our home when she jumped at me beside the water fountain and held me tightly by her arms.

"I love you"

The Story will be ending in the next chapter which will be published tomorrow after 6 due to my test. It was such a lovely journey.