Chapter 50

To cover upI make up thingsThat Don't Exist And You knowBut Still Don't Play AlongVeryyy Funny

To cover up
I make up things
That Don't Exist
And You know
But Still Don't Play Along
Veryyy Funny

D R I S H T I

It had been months since I last met on a pleasant note. The three things which made the day more special were driving with my husband for whom I just realized my love a few days back, the wait for tonight when we will finally reach home and meet dad, and the last thing,

Vicky and Natasha agreed to be present at the party but the thing making it this event a happier one was that Vicky was about to apologize to me for what he said!

About to-

Before he could, I stopped him, for I knew my previous deeds were worth that earful he made me listen.

Scores settled in a way so why should he apologize?

"Remember this place?" Rakshit laughed pointing at spot near the highway, memorizing the old incidents.

"Oh yes, you stopped the car when I literally puked because I over ate" I joined his laughter when that horrific incident flashed in my mind. I was almost full with the burger he bought but the fries and the coke, they did what they shouldn't. "Why would you remember that?! That's embarrassing" I laughed more and more because of something that happened at that time.

"What? Don't you remember that old man who came to ask you if you were okay and you did that to his shirt?" Our laughter was worse than a group of hyenas sitting in a broad meeting and conversing over their meal.

"His face was horrible when he was all- yulk! And remember, you were like- sorry sorry I'm really sorry!"

"Oh please! I always clear up your mess. You create problems, and I am the one for apology" he sighed and concentrated back on the main road.

"That day was real good" He murmured after a pretty five minutes and turned on the radio which played 'Love Me Like You Do'

Even if the song was old, it never failed to have an impact on its listeners. One of the best creations of the time, this song had the entire situation of the car change into a more lovable for me, and god knows what for him.

"Only You Can Set My heart on fire" I sang alongside Ellie Goulding to feel every word she said, every emotion the song wanted to express, and the love her own voice added to it. "No more.. what are you waiting for?"

"Love me like you do, la la love me like you do, like you do, love me like you do" It was said that singer Tansen could blow and light candels with his music, I could break windows with me. It was said he could imitate birds and animal sounds, I could copying a dying seal or maybe a baby jackal.

So yeah, I was Tansen, but in 240p

"Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise" Rakshit sang the next verse of the song before me while I was shocked he listened to the song.

Not because he couldn't, but because of the reason that I never heard him listening to songs before.

And he sounded pretty good, not so, but more than me. A lot better.

Seeing that I stopped, Rakshit looked at me and signaled me to continue singing along with him.

The Dove and the crow

Perfect couple, right?

"Yeah, I'll let you set the pace. Cuz I'm not thinking straight, my head's spinning around, I can't see clear no more" Pause before the vocal

"What are you waiting for? Love me like you do, la la love me like you do, like you do, touch me like you do ta ta touch me like you do ooo. What are you waiting for?" The music fainted with the main chorus which was being sung at a adorably dulcet sound before the final hitting lines struck at a higher instrumental sound.

Ps: ignore my knowledge about instruments

Love me like you do
La La Love me like you do

This was the perfect song for my perfect birthday plan!

A song at which sparks would fly, tingling will be felt, butterflies in the stomach. Everything bruh! Everything!

"Looks like you love the song so much" Rakshit might have noticed the not-so-usual blush on my face which I tried masking immediately or else I would have it all spilled.

"Yeah, it's fantastic. You know, matching the situation, it's fantabulous!" Do I need any more reasons to jump out of the window right now? No, this was enough. Thank You so much.

"What situation?" I could feel him getting attentive to the conversation by lowering the volume of the music and sitting back straight.

I did not reply

Better to have my face painted purple- ok nevermind.

"You doing good?" Being impatient, huh? Even if it was just a consolation I gave to myself, it helped. A lot!

Inside dance started.

Claps heard for my internal hoola hoop step. And the question.

Nothing, just having a hard time controlling myself from not telling you how much I love you and jump from this car.

"Oh totally fine! Just thinking about some good dinosaurs" I replied

"Oh, interesting" He looked back at the road but no! We have to ask questions! "Which dinosaur by the way?"

"You know, a good dinosaur, tall, heavy, large, extra large, huge" I counted the qualities at a snail's pace and to add to the lie I thought 'Hey! let's just test your speaking abilities when you know it's time to remain silent'

Oxygen was in the air

Not love

"A handsome big fat T rex or maybe a mangahippocampopotatosauras" Ok what? Did that exist?

Potatosaurus?

"Okay- you know a lot about dinosaurs. Interesting" Rakshit slipped into confusion and ungratefully, he decided on asking how my potatosaurus looked like.

"That- he- she- it-"

"They them. Can you continue?" Yes sure. You think describing a non existential creature was easy? Not at all.

"It's black, very black, with silver lines on its forehead, it stands on three feet" Clicked my tongue "Had four toes, sharp teeth like mammoth" Hippo so let's add "very heavy" stammered "a herbivore"

"Oh nice. Any specific eating habit?"

"Goats, cows, lions, anything you know" Nodding my head like the smartest person on Earth I forgot hthe meaning of the word herbivore.

"I thought you said it was a herbivore?"

"Did I?" I looked at him all shocked. But will we show him?

Not at all! "Conditional herbivore. On dieting you know"

"Oh, where did the goats and cows come from? At that era?" Ok, I was throwing him out instead of jumping out.

"You know what?"

"What?" He asked out of curiosity, leaning in my direction.

"F that dinosaur! I hate you!" I screamed in his ears which were crying for a normal happy go lucky answer.

Ps: The two slaps will be cut. They were inserted when I read something Something so wrong but she being she was like- okay you hit me, slept with another girl, had divorce papers read and came back just bcoz I was pregnant I will forgive you.