Chapter 48

Friends Like FamilyAnd Family Is Important D R I S H T I

Friends
Like Family
And Family
Is Important
D R I S H T I

I didn't know why thet always be like 'Last time in-' Like come on. First of all we have been watching the same goddamn show for more than four hours straight now.

Series are meant to be finished in a few days, or might be a single day if you have that much time and the series is small.

The guys were out for their so called 'Boys night out' while we girls staying back to finish the entire show. It was only until Divya's eyes started watering, we had to leave it in between.

Days had been a lot comforting lately staying with friends, finally allowing myself to love anyone other than my dad and my two friends, and a nice walk down the memory lane when I refreshed all those memories I had with mama.

"You seem a lot happier nowadays, like a 'lot' Lot! A good lot" Divya laughed, taking her seat beside me on the couch and opening the blanket for Natasha.

"Yeah, I know" I smiled at her statement and watched Natasha suiting herself beside Divya, cutting the supply of cold air into the blanket.

"What's the reason? Is it something that starts from R and ends with a T? Huh" wiggling her eyebrows at me, Divya started hooting inappropriately for God knows what reason.

"Divya stop!" I whispered to her but the slight blush on my cheeks only increased her enthusiasm and she hugged me from her side.

"That's real nice" Finally Divya got hold on herself and sat quietly beside me holding both of us in her arms like she was a king holding two queens. "What next? We three are home alone, what should we do ladies. Nat?"

"We, should, maybe we should just-" Natasha stammered at the situation. It was obvious that you would always be a little uncomfortable around the person whom you loathed since the starting. And so was she- finding it weird to suggest something.

Even if we were comfortable with each other now, but she was still feeling like a stranger between us and it could be read from her body language.

"Why don't we three talk and let's not try to act all cool and pretend that Natasha never hated me. It is clearly the past right? Moreover I guess we should talk more to avoid your discomfort of being a new person among us"

"Woah, Rakshit was right" Natasha gasped "You are straightforward" she smiled widely, followed by Divya.

"Oh trust me! She is one of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet. At least for me, she is" Divya chuckled at her own words before looking at Natsaha and acting like a chilled out mafia leader.

"Oh please! Don't! You look so awful" Natasha laughed at Divya's pose and asked her to correct her posture.

The rest of the time was spent in random talks like family backgrounds, aims in life, a few incidents of our lives. She had been Rakshit's friend since long and there was something about Rakshit, she seemed eager to tell me but she simply smiled to the statement and told me I will know it all when Rakshit will break it to me. Not just one thing, but maybe something more.

When I tried asking about his childhood and everything, she would dodge the question. I decided not to ask her about him again, I would directly ask Rakshit, there was no need of an intermediate.

Intermediate

How ironic. We don't need an intermediate for falling in love, but require it for misunderstandings and breaking up.

...

Rakshit and the two half drunks had already reached home and were on the bed in our room, one on top of other, without changing their clothes.

I was in the kitchen, finding something to eat.

2 am tasks

As I was half inside the refrigerator, throwing the ice cream inside my mouth, someone put a hand on my shoulder, this scaring me.

Newton's third law of motion says 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'

This completely didn't fit with my reaction but it seemed so genius of me to brag about the only thing I knew in Physics.

Smart, ain't I?

Being scared, I yelled and tried away from the fridge, hence smashing my head on it's top corner.

Did that hurt?

Not more than seeing the floor tasting my ice cream.

No matter how that person was, he/she was dead for sure after what he/she did. Nobody dares to mess with my food and leave so easily.

"Ok, I don't know who you are but my ice cream is-" There are times when you regret your actions but just pretend you don't- It was one of this. I held my fists in the air, inches away from Rakshit's face who was chewing on nothing, half asleep, scratching his chest with his hand that was inside his shirt and eyes more than half closed.

"Good night to you too" he yawned and took a water bottle from the fridge before leaving.

Now what a modernist zombie he was trying to be?

Call it bad luck, but Divya was watching me standing at the place and smiling while looking at Rakshit who had just shut the door behind him. "I've never seen you smiling so much before"

"It's nothing Divya" I turned my face to hide any sort of smile which might give her an idea of how I felt. But she was Divya.

"Ok Girl, you've got two minutes to tell me or I'm spilling out how you went inside their room when they were sleeping and admired Rakshit like a creep?"

No, she, didn't-

She didn't see that, right?

"Divya why would you spy me?"

"Cuz I had nothing to do" she shrugged her shoulders and took a kinfe from the stand before threatening me with it "Now, spill"

"I'm not water-rrre-" she swung the knife in air and trust me, she had always been clumpsy with objects "okay. Okay. Just keep that thing down"

"Fine" she placed the knife down and crept closer me. Sitting on the slab, she placed her head on my shoulder before using her leg to embarce me. "Now tell me what's going on"

"Nothing much" I sighed and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ears "It's just that I love Rakshit"

"What!" Best way to wake the entire neighborhood was telling this girl a secret. "Oh my god Drishti! You love him! Finally finally finally!" She squealed in joy "Finally you love someone. And that someone is our one and only Rakshit! God he's so perfect for you. Oh my- I can't breathe"

"You're making it such a big thing. Stay silent for this time. I don't want anyone to listen okay!"

"He knows?"

"Definitely no! Why do you think I was telling you to be quiet?" Glaring at her in frustration when she squeezed the life out of me, I asked her to return to her room and promised we will talk about this some other day. I had something more important to do.

"Okay fine. But I'm so happy for you Drish!" She smiled and left me alone.

I went outside the house and relaxed on the swing in the backyard. It had been months, it couldn't be contained, not anymore.

"Dad?" I whispered into the phone while holding back my tears.

I heard a few sobs from the other side before dad spoke. "Drishti? It's you, after so long" He cried. And hearing his voice after so long, I felt myself giving into all those emotions of love and cry.

And we talked, for what felt like a few minutes but they were a whole two hours.

I'm almost fine now. The test results are out and it's just a minor infection.