Chapter 47

It Is What It IsEven If It MeansWhat I Thought I Will Never Experience

It Is What It Is
Even If It Means
What I Thought
I Will Never Experience

D R I S H T I

"This is real bad! I am not eating this even if I would be dying. Never ever" Vicky wasn't enough for an evening chaos so Romi decided to join him. Now the reason why Romi and Vicky were saying this was, They didn't like the idea of caramel popcorn suggested by Natasha.

"Popcorn and caramel? Is that even a combination? It should be made illegal"  Romi was trying to support Vicky and growled before looking at Divya, who was sitting calmly on the couch closing her mouth with her hand in swift disinterest "What? Now why are you giving me that look? I ain't scared of you okay! Always showing me those big scary eyes. Who do you think you are showing those eyes to, huh?"

"Are you done? Or still want to continue the drama? The movie is about to start" removing her hand from her mouth, Divya landed it harshly on Romi's lap.

Romi being Romi wasn't willing to show that it hurt so sat quietly holding the air in his mouth and rubbing his forehead.

"Can we start the movie? Or the two of you need to be removed from here?" Rakshit was sitting beside me, in a similar way that Divya was sitting a when Romi was talking aimlessly.

Uninterested and tired

"Ok fine. Play it! We already know no one loves us" Vicky whined as he layed back in his seat near Romi who kept his hand on his shoulder apologetically.

"Sorry to break it to you, but it's just you and not 'us' I'm loved" Romi sighed and moved to sit beside Divya, keeping his head on her lap. "Right?"

"I don't know" Divya smiled at him and covered them suitably in a blanket. Vicky looked over to Natasha who ignored him like he never existed, thus breaking his heart. "Morons"

"Do I need to give to a special invitation?" Natasha spoke, and Vicky teleported himself bear Natasha. Teleported as we couldn't see when he did that.

"They should try for some daily soap show. They'll do so good" Rakshit whispered in my ears and switched to Neflix, playing 'Vincenzo'

"He's cute" pretty bewitched me fell beside Rakshit and forced myself into his arms "Now I'm comfortable" It was something we used to do often even before I got hold on myself. And at that time too, it felt special.

Seeing the others almost drowning in the movie, I remembered how Rakshit would be looking after me besides paying attention to the movies. I remember how he would always take care of me, be it my periods cramps and mood swings or any regular mood off situation.

He always did, but I was too blind to see it.

That feeling when someone loves you so much and is always there for you, that's the feeling of another level. You feel special, you feel loved, you know that you are not alone.

Love? Did I use?

I didn't even know who was the he loved but I could only pray that the person whom he loved was me. After all these months, he had been the person I could rely on, I could stay happy with, I didn't need to pretend being the person I was or was not.

What was I even talking about?

I didn't know what kind if person I originally was, behind all these layers of sourness.

Being a confident, sassy female is another talk, and being a heartless self centered child was another. I did never regret being the confident me I was, but being the tears in someone's eyes was another talk.

Happy in my own world, dodging the hate I received, distancing myself from every person who, despite my behavior were willing to stay by me, traumatized by what my own father did, what my own friends or my supposed to be friends did, I didn't know when I reached this stage when I would finally have that faith to trust someone. Didn't know when I reached this stage

"Popcorn, Your highness?" Rakshit munched his portion popcorns and held one closer to my mouth, pushing it inside when I opened it slightly to speak something.

When I would start loving someone.

"Rakshit-"

"Sorry, here, have some more" he took five plus nine to seven plus ten pops and shoved them directly into my mouth, even if it was something I would do when alone.

"Rveoqmdbei" Since my mouth was full of pops, what I spoke was audible like this only. According to me I was saying 'Rakshit don't do it'

"Ah, the peace to my heart when you're silent!" He laughed silently, trying his best not to disturb the others. I punched his stomach before getting up and snatching the bowl from him who was holdimh his stomach "Ah, I did not say violent"

"Dapapapa" I stuffed some more into my mouth and glared at him from my place till I finished the remaining, all by myself "Never mess up with Drishti Shergill!"

"Uhm, um, yeah, Shergill, how can I forget" It was claer how me finally willing to use his last name came as a sudden surprise for him.

I mean, I was proud, being both Drishti Sharma, and Drishti Shergill. Moreover Proud being myself.

Call me clingy, but when you fear losing the person you love, the insecurities persistent in your mind, the anxiety and all, they want you to get as close to the person as possible. So, I made my way to sit beside him and hold him, as if preventing him being taken away from me.

I am never letting him go. If he did, I don't know how I would be reacting to it.

Do never make me face that situation

Ever

People say, Don't give any importance to love and any man. You're a woman. But what we don't want to see is that be it a man, be a woman, everyone deserved to be loved. When you break up with your best friend, you cry. When your parents would fight with you, you'll cry. So if you loved anyone, how was crying over them harming your self esteem?

If it was so, make it same for every relationship. Not just a girlfriend boyfriend, a husband wife or lovers.

Rakshit deserved the love more and I was in utter confusion if I would ever be able to reciprocate the kindness or the compassion he had shown me.

All I knew now, was that I loved this man sitting beside me.

Letting myself flow with these feelings, I started smiling, without any reason. Did I need one? No

You never need a reason to smile when you're with your loved ones.

Not only Rakshit but also the people sitting in this room with me, were important. They were, and they will always be.