Chapter 60

I Love YouI Really DoAnd I KnowYou Love Me Too

I Love You
I Really Do
And I Know
You Love Me Too

D R I S H T I

"I love you" After months of countless hateful comments, unnecessary bickerings and other irrelevant things, this moment which seemed impossible at that time was now a reality.

The tear drops which were unwilling to leave my eyes, slowly piled up and attracted by gravity, they met the ground.

"Say something" I spoke when he kept standing at his place, no words were coming from his side. It was just me, him and the silence of the enchanting night. "Please"

Silence prevailed for a much longer duration than expected, my patience starting to tremble in the middle with a pounding heart feeling drops in between when I felt his sudden yet slow movements.

Rakshit took a few moments but at last, he turned but avoided an eye contact. His face held guilt, and unknown sadness as he faked a smile and looked at me.

"What is left to say huh?" Rakshit chuckled and stole glances from me.

"Why?" Tugging on his left arm, I tried looking at his face but he was adamant on not facing me.

First of all I have anxiety, you're not giving me an answer, I'm gonna come up with one of my own.

"Nothing, just-" he sighed "things messed up a little. I never imagined this" He patted my cheeks and stepped away from me, walking towards the swing and sitting on it, he swung back and forth on it.

"What's messed up Rakshit?" Priorly rooted at the place feet of mine started walking towards Rakshit whose face was dull with signs of tension.

"I didn't know you loved me. If I did then I wouldn't have-" He sighed while looking at the ground half heartedly.

"You wouldn't have what?" Kneeling down beside him, I took his hand into mine as he started back at me.

"I wouldn't have loved someone else" The small drops in my heart's throbs complied into a massive one as the words escaped his mouth. The night which was supposed to be the spectator of the decent start of our new life would be speciation the ruin of a relationship. Was falling in love with someone that easy?

"But, you told me I was the only one"

"Yes you are. But that status is concerned to being my wife and not the love of my life" he slipped to the ground while swinging but maintained a serious look despite the pain. "Damn it" he cussed.

"You don't, love me? Seriously?"

"But you will always be my wife though" I was complaining now. Not because he loved someone else but because he shrugged his shoulders like we were sitting in a stand up comedy show.