Raising Fundy PROMPT

Prompt from ao3, i dont use it often tho

Tommy was only seven when he first saw changes. It included Wilbur stumbling into the house late at night, smoke filling the rooms, and basic neglect. Sure, Wilbur was in a tough spot, forced to raise his younger brother and baby, but they still deserved attention. Tommy soon found himself feeding his niece Flora milk, swaddling her, changing her diaper, and other things that fathers are supposed to do. 

The boys are grown, with Tommy being a healthy, happy 16 year old boy, and an 11 year old nephew that looked up at him like a father figure, not an uncle. They stood proudly underneath the red, white, yellow, blue, and black flag, facing their president. No, neither saw him as anything else. Just their president, the leader of the fine nation. 

"Ugh! Tommy, you're so- so- childish!" Wilbur yelled frustratedly to his brother. The L'Manburgians were watching intently, wanting to see how the smackdown went.

"I'M CHILDISH?! ME?! Who raised YOUR son when YOU were too BUSY DRINKING AND SMOKING?! Huh?! Who did Fundy come out to first? Who did he rush to see when injured in battle? Who did he accidentally call 'dad'? Who did he draw as his family back in kindergarten? Huh?" Tommy yelled back, causing everything to go silent. Even the wind seemed to realize what Tommy explained was serious. 

Dream's glee of them splitting was ruined. Wilbur left a seven year old to take his responsibility? He wondered silently. Was that all true, what Tommy said? 

"Tommy..." Wilbur trailed off, losing his thread of thought. 

"No. You are just our president, Mr. Soot. Nothing more. C'mon, Funds, we're leaving." Tommy said, gesturing for them to leave. Fundy scurried through the crowd and to his uncle. 

"Fundy, I'm you're dad!" Wilbur shouted at them as they started to walk away. 

"Well, if you aren't there for me, why'd you give birth to me?" Fundy yelled back, not turning. Tommy smirked. 

"Tommy! Give me back my son!" Wilbur screeched at him. 

"I raised your child better than you! I think I dictate what he can or cannot do!" Tommy called back, letting go of Fundy's hand. He hesitated, looking back to Wilbur. The foxling smiled. He grabbed his uncle's hand, and they walked out of the nation that they gave blood, sweat, and tears to. 

It was over.

So theres the prompt!