Calls PROMPT

Tommy quickly pressed on his communicator. It was growing colder, even if it was a warm summer night. The fireflies danced above his head, mingling with the stars. The grass waved with the wind, filling in the silence creeping into his mind. After a few seconds, Tubbo picked up.

"Tubbo?" Tommy rasped.

"Tommy, look, I can't talk right now." Tubbo rushed. The pain was growing bigger now. "Now's not a good time. I have to put Michael to bed."

"I-" Tommy started, raising a hand to clutch his wound.

"And right now I should be reading a bedtime story to Michael, but no, I'm here, talking to you." Tubbo said. "And I get that you're probably going to say something 'important', as you always do. It's really not, like you ran out of cobble or a shadow moved."

"Tubbo-" Tommy tried again. That was not what he was expecting. At all.

"And it's already almost midnight. Why're you even calling? If it's anxiety or panic, I swear to Prime Dream is not getting out soon." Tubbo promised. "I barely have time for family anymore, I'm so busy talking to you."

"I nee-" Tommy repeated, shaking to stay awake, just to tell Tubbo that he was dying, maybe give himself a fighting chance for a healing pot. 

"I know that dying and being revived is a hard experience, from both times I've died, and that you're still angry, or sad at Sam, but the man's trying his best." Tubbo said. "There's so much obsidian in that place, Dream is gonna have to take a lot of time getting out. You're healing from the experience, but maybe you could take a more... independent way of doing it."

"Plea-" Tommy gasped. He clutched his wound, bleeding out into the grass. 

"I just think you should be yourself rather than a part of me." Tubbo summed up. There was quiet on both ends. Tommy was biting back tears of pain both metaphorically and literally while Tubbo rethought his words. 

"I'm sorry if that was harsh." Tubbo apologized. "I know you're a social person, but have you tried to talk to anyone else? Other than me and Puffy, since the prison?"

Tommy didn't bother to try and explain why he called. Jack had ditched him after giving him a fatal blow, in the night while Tommy was enjoying the fireflies. They would only flock like they did now on rare occasions, and Tommy took the opportunity to have some time to himself while marvelling in their beauty. It would be his downfall, letting his guard down. Armour was loud and would scare the lightning bugs off, and he only had a small netherite dagger on him.

"If you haven't, maybe you could try some time off, not like exile, just some time to think." Tubbo suggested after a beat of silence. "And I could have some uninterrupted time with Ranboo and Michael. I get that you're mad about them, but if I'm gonna be honest... I'm really happy with them."

At least Tommy would lose his last life knowing his best friend was happy. Happy with wanting him to leave him alone, to make the inseparable duo separate. Tommy knew one day this would happen. He just didn't want it to happen on his death day. The blood was staining his hand sanguine, the smell driving the fireflies away from him.

"And I have everything happy. Ranboo, Michael, Jack, Snowchester. I have, well, I'm content with life." Tubbo sighed. "And I'm sure you can become just as happy with life as I am."

Tommy, in his last moments, managed a bittersweet smile. If only, Tubbo.

"Tubs? You coming to bed?" Ranboo asked from the background.

"Yeah. Tommy called again." Tubbo answered.

"Again?" Ranboo wondered skeptically. 

"Yeah. I'll see you soon." Tubbo replied, background footsteps leaving, most likely Ranboo. "See, Tommy? I'll call you when I'm free, it's a pretty busy week for me. But yeah, I'll see you sometime."

Tommy blinked slowly, letting a tear slip. At least Tubbo was thriving. Without an answer from Tommy, Tubbo took the liberty to say a quick goodbye before ending the call.

Tommy sighed, letting his hand stop putting pressure on the wound. It was death now, welcoming him yet again. He wiped some blood off in the grass, only for it to have more blood from the puddle underneath him. His iconic red and white tee was now completely red, something Tommy did not enjoy. It stuck to him, which was incredibly uncomfortable. His vision was dancing now, black spots entering the sides of his vision. The pain was becoming more and more noticeable, making his muscles tighten.

At last, he loosened his grip on life.

Tubbo couldn't express his shock to seeing the death message in chat.

ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏɪɴɴɪᴛ ʙʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ ᴊᴀᴄᴋ ᴍᴀɴɪꜰᴏʟᴅ