Chapter 12

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Everyone is quiet at dinner table, even Loki. Anxious and fear surround Avengers. Chara eat quietly as well, she has been diving inside her magic all day. She gently gather her magic, trying to find the bottom. Loki and Thor can sense that she is doing something, they both take quick glances at her occasionally. After Chara ate, she rise from table and look at everyone. "Be ready at 6 am or I am leaving alone." She command and walk away Kiba just behind her. Chara could hear others start to discuss about something but ignore them. She need to get somewhere alone, it has get harder to focus. She hasn't dive this deep in centuries. Chara hear someone rushing after her but ignore it and quicken his speed. 

Chara grab the door handle when someone grab her arm. "Winter." Chara turn and see Loki standing behind her, looking worried. Loki let go when he feel how cold her arm is even through sleeve. Chara sigh, open the door and walk in. She let Loki inside too before closing the door. Chara turn toward Loki, lean on door behind her and cross her arms. "What you want Loki?" She ask tiredly. Loki weigh her posture and voice before answering. "What are you doing?" He ask warily and worried. Chara lift corner of her mouth. "Getting ready for war." She simply answer, push herself from door and move to plop on couch. 

Loki frown and follow her. "You are doing something, with your magic." Loki state and look at her worried. Chara chuckle. "If I didn't know better I would think you are worried about me." She tease Loki. Loki glare at her. "I'm more worried about myself, I have this fucking controller on and can't protect myself if you lose control." He answer and glare at controller on his wrist. Chara's smile drop and she look at controller sad. "I'm sorry about that. I will make sure I keep this under control." She assure Loki. Loki look at her, worry still clearly in his eyes. Chara sigh tiredly. "Now I need some sleep and so do you." She announce and wave Loki to leave. "You promise to keep it under control?" Loki ask warily. Chara nod and point toward door again. Loki slowly go outside, he gave Chara one last glance before closing the door. "Now I can fully concentrate to my doing." She mumble to herself. Chara chance her clothes to her armor, go middle of room and sit on floor legs crossed, hands top of knees. She close her eyes and start to fully concentrate her dive. Kiba whine softly but didn't dare to go closer, he could feel strong magic coming from her.

Chara stay at that position whole night. When her alarm sound came, she open her eyes, they glove light blue. Chara shut her alarm, went to bathroom and head downstairs. She is first in there. Kiba sit next to her legs and stare worried at her. Chara mindlessly pet him, comforting. Little before 6 am others come there too. They all look little shocked at her glowing eyes but didn't dare to ask about them. Steve look around and nod to everyone. "We will know what we face today. Let's kick them asses and come all home safely." He announce and move out. Chara is last to move. She notice Loki in doorway. Chara crouch down to Kiba's eye level. She put her hand top of his head. "This time you cannot follow me boy. Wait here and protect you both." Chara tell to him gently while petting his head. Kiba whine softly. "Stay." Chara command before rising back up. She turn to look at Loki. "Don't fuck this up." She tease and smirk to him. Loki nod with serious expression on his face. Chara rush after others and climb inside Quinjet.

While flying Chara explain her plan. Tony has bring up map around army. Chara tell them how she will make dome over them with only two exits. One where she will stand and one for others. "I still don't like the idea you going alone." Steve complain seriously. Chara sigh. "Fine someone who use weapons can accompany me, he or she need to stay out of my way. I can accidentally kill them if they got in my way." Chara say darkly and look around. "What about Hawkeye? I can make more arrows to him and he can stay behind me." Chara ask. Everyone turn toward him. Clint look at her warily but shrug eventually. "It could work." He answer and Steve nod. "Clint will watch your back." He say and everyone nod. Chara investigate one of Clint's arrows and make one for ice. Clint correct her for couple things and soon she make perfect arrows for him. Clint watch impressed at Chara's handiwork.

It took couple hours to reach Antarctica. When they fly over the army Chara reach toward them to sense any magic. "They don't use magic. They have some kind machines to keep that area warm. She told others and Natasha send that message to SHIELD. Chara look down and check her plaid that it will stay on it's place. "This is our stop. I will give you guys 15 minutes until I start." Chara announce, grab Clint's shoulder and smirk to him. "I hope you have enough clothes." She tease and teleport them on their spot. Immediately hard, cold wind attack them. Clint hug himself. "It is freezing out here." He yell over the wind. Chara spread her arms and take deep breath. She smile mischievously to Clint. "This is place where I can release my magic without worries." She yell. Clint feel different kind of shiver run up his spine. Chara start to gather magic around her hands, soon light blue mist surround her body. Clint felt how temperature drop even more. 

When 15 minutes that Chara promise to others is up. She release her magic. In mere seconds alien army is under her dome. They start to panic and rush around, wondering what have happened and why wind stop. Chara make sure walls are thick enough even if they try to use those strange machines. "Let party start." Chara yell to Clint and walk to middle of corridor she made, it is around 5 metres wide and 3 metres high. She has 10 metres front of her and 3 metres behind so Clint have some time to shoot. She has made big pile of arrows ready for him. When first soldiers rush to attack her, Chara smirk darkly. "Show time." She say to herself and let first wave of ice spears fly toward them. Clint start to shoot behind her too. Soon dome is full of yells of pain and death.