Chapter 64

Suddenly Loki pull back. "Wait. You can't come in Asgard!" He say worried. Chara frown. "What? Why? I just made it happen." She ask confuse. He push her in arm's reach. "You can't come. Then you have to face Odin." He explain. Chara look at him for a moment, then she snort. "Let me take care of him." "But-" She put her finger over his mouth. "Loki, I'm sick of running already. Beside, what is worst he can do to me? Imprison me? Execute me? He can try." She smirk confidently. He grab her hand between his hands, kiss her fingers and pull it in his chest. "I refuse to loose you." He whisper while his left hand move to cup her cheek. Chara smile gently and lean on it. "You won't." She assure Loki.

Loki rise Chara's hand to kiss her fingers again. "I don't want to put you in danger." He admit quietly. Gentle smile spread to Chara's lips. "You won't. It is about time for me to meet him again. And now I have really good reason to fight back." She tell him gently and cup his cheek with her free hand. "I'm not going to leave you Loki, not again. If I have any saying about it, never." She continue while her thumb caress his cheek. He still has troubled look in his eyes. "You're mine and I refuse to lose anything else what is mine." He growl possessively. Chara chuckle. "All yours." She assure him again and they kiss. 

Thor is overjoyed when they told about Chara coming too. "This will be marvelous. You can meet Warriors three and Lady Sif. And of course Heimdall. You can join the ball as Loki's escort." "Whoa, wait. Who is Heimdall?" Chara interrupt him. "Oh right I haven't told you. Heimdall is guard of Bifrost. He is one of my oldest friends." Thor explain. Chara ignore rest of his outburst and start to think. Loki notice that but didn't ask about it. They inform Avengers about that in dinner. 

Chara has stayed oddly quiet for rest of the day. She and Loki have moved to their room soon after dinner. She has curled up on corner of couch to read. She has some old book. Loki has followed her worried whole day. Suddenly she lower the book and look over it at him. "Loki, What do you know about dark elves?" She ask curious. He frown. "Not much. Only that Bor, Odin's father destroyed them. Why?" He ask warily. She shrug. "Just curious." She answer and turn back to her book. He stare at her for a moment. 

Loki groan in frustration. "Chara, What is going on? You have been acting weirdly since Thor mention about Heimdall." "Nothing is wrong, I'm fine." She answer without moving her eyes from book. He growl and move to snatch book away from her. "HEYY." She complain and glare at him. "Chara, this is driving me crazy. What are you planning?" He ask again. Chara look at him for a moment. Then she sigh and move to better sitting position. "Loki... I have the reason to believe that Dark elves aren't all gone. That is what has been troubling me." She explain. "Aren't dead?" He ask skeptical. "Yes. I'm sorry I can't tell you more until I find the answers." She plead. Loki slowly nod and give her book back. "You promise to talk with me?" Chara smile gently to him. "I promise." She answer and return to her book.

Chara open her eyes in small hours and slowly turn to look at Loki. "Loki?" She whisper, he didn't answer. "Loki?" Chara ask more audible and nudge him gently. He didn't respond. She slip out of bed and chance in her armor. "I'm sorry love, but this is my burden." She whisper and kiss his forehead before slipping down through balcony with Kiba. She has put some sleeping herbs in his tea. Chara rush in forest and run to familiar clearing. She take couple deep breaths to calm herself down. "Here we go." She murmur to herself and collect some magic. Then she make box of ice appear front of her, it is 20cm x 20cm x 15xcm. Kiba whine scared, he could sense the power on it.

Chara pet his head calming and crouch down next to box. She examine it with her magic. "This should be able to hold it at least 500 years." She mumble to herself and cut the line between her and box. Soon Chara feel like massive boulder has lifted from her shoulders. Her magic start to swim inside her more fiercely. She stand up and laugh relieved. "Wait for it Odin. I will show you how prophecy is fulfilled." She say aloud with smile. "You will think twice after that if you should try to kill me." She whisper lastly and turn to look at the box. With a wave of her hand it disappear. "Let's go back Kiba. Preparations are started." She command and turn to run back at compound. 

Chara easily slip back inside and vanish the ice bridge after Kiba has come inside too. She chance back to her pajamas and slip under blanket next to Loki. She snuggle as close as she could and soon he circle his arms around her. He pull her in his chest. Chara feel horrible because her secret. She wanted to tell Loki but she know that he won't let her do it, wanting to protect her. "I love you Loki. Never forget that." She whisper to sleeping man, blink her tears away and close her eyes. Enjoying strong arms around her.